Freeman will sit on the board of Auckland-based Kiwi Income Properties, the property trust's manager, as an independent director, it said in a statement. She is currently a director of Foodstuffs North Island, ASB Bank and winemaker Delegats Group, and has previously been on the boards of Air New Zealand, SkyCity Entertainment Group, St George Bank NZ, Albert Street Dental, Publicis Group NZ, and Sheffield.
"Ms Freeman's wide knowledge of New Zealand business and her experience as a director will be invaluable in assisting us to continue to deliver upon our strategic objectives," chairman Mark Ford said. "Her experience in the New Zealand retail sector will also be highly valued."
Kiwi Income is New Zealand's second-largest listed property trust. Last year it internalised its management contract, paying Commonwealth Bank of Australia $70.5 million.
The units last traded at $1.18, and have an average rating of 'hold' according to four out of six analyst recommendations surveyed by Reuters, with a median price target of $1.19.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- The kiwi dollar has spiked against the pound in one of the biggest one day currency moves in history. NBR’s Jason Walls breaks down the dollar’s movement
- What Brexit now means for NZ, with NZIER John Ballingall
- Dr Oliver Hartwich says everyone should stay calm and carry on
- Matthew Hooton on making a moral case for social capital