Qantas shares rose 5% on the ASX this morning.
Company shares were trading at A$1.625 at 12.27pm today (10.27am AEDT) and rose to 1.660 over the next hour. They have since lowered, trading currently at A$1.645.
Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce has said the company will return to "business as usual" over the next 24 hours after the entire airline was grounded at the weekend.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “An RBA interest rate cut is pretty much a done deal,” says Capital Economic's Paul Dales
- Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzō Abe opens the floodgates to more stimulus. Join NBR's Jason Walls as he explains why
- Despite a few howls of protest, land economics expert Adam Thompson rates the Auckland Unitary Plan
- Hamish McNicol discusses the Serious Fraud Office’s warning to companies about employee fraud