Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Qantas has dropped John Travolta as an "ambassador" and signed Miranda Kerr.
The Australian supermodel will appear on the airline's billboards, and advertising online and in terminals.
The $A1 million campaign will specifically promote the Qantas Club network of lounges used by business flyers.
Qantas is looking to rebuild following its reputation after CEO Alan Joyce ground its fleet, stranding 70,000 passengers, last October during a standoff with three unions.
Meanwhile, in a new interview with the New York Times, who talked to the supermodel in London, Ms Kerr and the paper sing the praises of our capital.
The Times journalist says "young, arty types," seem to make up half the city's population.
Ms Kerr compares Wellington cafes favourably to trendy New York establishments, painting a picture of a hipster paradise.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Dollar heads for 1.7% weekly decline after Reserve Bank rules out rate rises
- Lubricant deal slips away as Commerce Commission nixes merger
- Carry on: 250 A320s for EasyJet, lower Changi fees and more
- Capital gains tax, Brierley's final bat, crackdown on developers