UPDATED: Quickflix has launched an app on Sony’s flagship smartphone for its streaming service.
The streaming company’s app is now available on Sony’s Xperia Z1 as well as the Xperia Z tablet.
Quickflix managing director Paddy Buckley says mobile devices already represent 25% of total streaming on the service.
Online streaming service Quickflix [ASX: QFX] has secured licences for new content from major content providers Disney, ABC, BBC and NBC.
Users will now have access to Downton Abbey, Parks and Recreation, Revenge, Mrs Brown’s Boys, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Sherlock, Orphan Black and Doctor Who.
The content will be made available through a new pay-per-episode service, launching shortly and providing hundreds of extra hours of premium viewing, the company says in a release.
Quickflix NZ managing director Paddy Buckley says the new programmes will service increasing demand from existing customers and attract new ones.
The ASX-listed streaming service resumed trading on the ASX in September following an announcement to seek $5.5 from new issues new shares.
It was then valued at $A9 million, based on a share price of 1.7c a share.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Blame the architects for the building my company is about to destroy
- Loss of Premier League rights reveals limit to Spark's on-demand video ambition
- Smith's latest SHA announcement draws sneers, stinting support
- Briefcase: Dildos and six reasons for lawyers to like the TPPA, Duncan Cotterill’s Auckland 'raid'
- NZ tech stocks brace for a rocky few months
Most listened to
- Phil Twyford on why SHAs aren’t a silver bullet for Auckland and Labour’s three point housing plan
- Milford Asset Management's Sam Trethewey with the latest sharemarket news
- First NZ Capital's Chris Green says the housing market may be cooling
- Moody's executives are positive on New Zealand's economy but expect continued depressed dairy prices
- Fitzroy Engineering's Mark Arnold on creating a tropical underwater restaurant