UPDATED: Quickflix has launched an app on Sony’s flagship smartphone for its streaming service.
The streaming company’s app is now available on Sony’s Xperia Z1 as well as the Xperia Z tablet.
Quickflix managing director Paddy Buckley says mobile devices already represent 25% of total streaming on the service.
Online streaming service Quickflix [ASX: QFX] has secured licences for new content from major content providers Disney, ABC, BBC and NBC.
Users will now have access to Downton Abbey, Parks and Recreation, Revenge, Mrs Brown’s Boys, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Sherlock, Orphan Black and Doctor Who.
The content will be made available through a new pay-per-episode service, launching shortly and providing hundreds of extra hours of premium viewing, the company says in a release.
Quickflix NZ managing director Paddy Buckley says the new programmes will service increasing demand from existing customers and attract new ones.
The ASX-listed streaming service resumed trading on the ASX in September following an announcement to seek $5.5 from new issues new shares.
It was then valued at $A9 million, based on a share price of 1.7c a share.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Wynyard announces huge loss but still a going concern say directors
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall as companies miss lofty expectations; A2, Meridian drop
- Struggling finance firm rewards directors
- PM sets ground rules for ministers' treatment of public servants
- OPINION: The ComCom should be able to put behavioural conditions on mergers
Most listened to
- Labour MP Clare Curran says new rules for Netflix and Lightbox are a 'no brainer'
- China launches ‘uncrackable’ satellite while Syria’s regime strengthens on Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- The Commerce Commission should be able to put conditions on mergers, Labour MP Clare Curran says
- Metlifecare's Glen Sowry on why the company pays caregivers more
- John Key says demand for New Zealand as a holiday destination is not even close to drying up