The race is on - and not the one for the Melbourne Cup. iPredict has opened the betting on who will win next year's general election.
Trading began at 2.30pm and, so far, National is firmly in the lead.
A bundle of eight contracts will ask traders what percentage of the party vote the National, Labour, Green, Maori, New Zealand First, ACT and United Future parties will receive, with the eighth stock asking what the combined party vote of all other parties will be.
Rather than ask people how they would vote, iPredict asks traders to work out how the rest of the community will vote.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Sky TV wrong: we will launch a standalone streaming service, beIN boss says
- Mad Butcher-owner flags going concern issue
- Sharemilkers most likely to face 'undue pressure' from banks, survey finds
- Carmel and Hugh Fisher buy palatial clifftop Takapuna home
- Kim Dotcom allowed to live-stream extradition appeal
Most listened to
- No chief of staff leaves one year before an election, says Matthew Hooton
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- Timely chief executive Ryan Baker on making an unfashionable profit
- NZ King Salmon CEO Grant Rosewarne on his company's float plans
- Chorus CEO Mark Ratcliffe on improving service levels as demand exceeds expectations