The race is on - and not the one for the Melbourne Cup. iPredict has opened the betting on who will win next year's general election.
Trading began at 2.30pm and, so far, National is firmly in the lead.
A bundle of eight contracts will ask traders what percentage of the party vote the National, Labour, Green, Maori, New Zealand First, ACT and United Future parties will receive, with the eighth stock asking what the combined party vote of all other parties will be.
Rather than ask people how they would vote, iPredict asks traders to work out how the rest of the community will vote.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Yahoo sold for knockdown price
- Olympics footage rights a non-issue, says MediaWorks’ McRoberts as he packs for Rio
- Vodafone reports landline gains, more profitable mobile mix for NZ operation
- Politics: that 10% jump for National decoded
- PM censures Trade Minister for 'head of a pin' answers on China trade threat
Most listened to
- Trade Me gets fewer snooping requests from govt agencies – but others report mixed results
- NBR's Jenny Ruth outlines the latest development in legal battles in the human resources world
- ‘I can’t understand what their issue is’ – TV3’s Mike McRoberts on Fairfax, NZME’s Rio Olympics boycott
- National's 10% poll jump isn't believable - but the party's support does seem to be holding up
- Nevil Gibson's Editor's Insight names those most affected by the phase-out of ETS subsidies