The race is on - and not the one for the Melbourne Cup. iPredict has opened the betting on who will win next year's general election.
Trading began at 2.30pm and, so far, National is firmly in the lead.
A bundle of eight contracts will ask traders what percentage of the party vote the National, Labour, Green, Maori, New Zealand First, ACT and United Future parties will receive, with the eighth stock asking what the combined party vote of all other parties will be.
Rather than ask people how they would vote, iPredict asks traders to work out how the rest of the community will vote.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's veteran budget reporter Rob Hosking breaks down the key points
- AUT professor John Tookey says the government is far behind the curve when it comes to housing and Auckland transport
- BNZ's Craig Ebert on the Budget 2016 forecasts
- Grant Thornton's Greg Thompson on the Budget tax measures and the focus on debt repayment
- EY's David Snell says IRD's IT overhaul will be at the cost of about 1,000 jobs