Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
The race is on - and not the one for the Melbourne Cup. iPredict has opened the betting on who will win next year's general election.
Trading began at 2.30pm and, so far, National is firmly in the lead.
A bundle of eight contracts will ask traders what percentage of the party vote the National, Labour, Green, Maori, New Zealand First, ACT and United Future parties will receive, with the eighth stock asking what the combined party vote of all other parties will be.
Rather than ask people how they would vote, iPredict asks traders to work out how the rest of the community will vote.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Bob Jones ejected from Air NZ flight as fellow passengers applaud
- Sir Ralph Norris to step down from Fonterra board in November
- Financial forecast error plants doubt in potential investors' minds
- McCully handed over $10m for Saudi farm to incentivise FTA
- SkyCity CEO says convention centre could be delayed by six months if consents are non-notified