Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
RAW DATA: Labour Party shadow Attorney General David Parker's letter to Police Commissioner Mike Bush, asking for an investigation under the Crimes Act into allegations raised againt Judith Collins, Cameron Slater, Carrick Graham and others following leaked emails:
1 September 2014
Mr Mike Bush
Commissioner of Police
New Zealand Police
180 Molesworth Street
Conspiring to defeat the Course of Justice and other matters
You will be aware of allegations against the former Minister of Justice Hon Judith Collins, Cameron Slater, Carrick Graham and others concerning:
· Undermining of the Serious Fraud Office
· Undermining of the Financial Markets Authority
· Undermining of the head of the SFO
· Intimidation of witnesses, including Mr Gapes,
in relation to the SFO and FMA investigation into the affairs of the Hanover Group of companies and their directors.
You will also be aware of allegations against the former Minister of Justice, Cameron Slater, and others concerning:
· Use of personal information regarding Simon Pleasants to incite threats
· In respect of the Minister, the corrupt use of personal information regarding Simon Pleasants to obtain an advantage (section 105A of the Crimes Act)
· Use of that information (section 105B of the Crimes Act)
You will also be aware of allegations against Jason Ede, Cameron Slater, Aaron Bhatnagar, and others concerning:
· Accessing the Labour Party computer system in breach of section 249 and 252 of the Crimes Act
· The use of dynamic (ie changing) email and computer addresses to avoid detection
These are serious matters that go to the heart of administration of justice in New Zealand and public confidence in democracy and the rule of law.
I would ask that you urgently investigate these matters. I am concerned that there is evidence, including computer records that urgently need to be secured and preserved.
In making this request, I am aware that you exercise your role independently, and that these decisions are yours to make.
Hon David Parker
Shadow Attorney General