Latest Real Estate Institute sales figures for December 2013 reveal higher prices on slightly fewer sales.
The new median price across New Zealand is up $2000 at $427,000 above the previous record high set in November 2013.
There were 5688 houses sold, down 1.1% on December 2012 and 18% fewer than November.
The fall from November is a regular trend but the 10-year average fall has been 13.6%.
Most regions experienced a larger decline in sales than the main cities
Manawatu/Wanganui, Taranaki and Northland saw sharpest jumps in price but in Auckland there was a $20,000 fall in the median price from November 2013.
Christchurch and other South Island centres saw new record medians and higher numbers of sales.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring David Skilling, Bernard Hickey, more
- Matthew Hooton on Labour party’s reaction to the budget 2016
- Rodney Hide says the attack by University of Auckland over overfishing is nonsense
- Do social bonds make sense? Tim Hunter tells Andrew Patterson it’s not just about the warm fuzzies
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson