Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
This is a graph of our annual exports to China. The growth in exports since we signed a free trade agreement with them has been almost beyond belief.
In the last six years we have exported $33.7 billion of goods to China. In the six years before that, it was $9.9 billion.
Remember those facts as you also recall that NZ First and the Greens railed against the China FTA, and voted against it.
I hope Labour are proud of the China FTA. They should be. May the protectionists in their party and the affiliated unions not gain dominance.
Political commentator David Farrar posts at Kiwiblog.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- LGFA bonds lure foreign investors seeking liquid, highly-rated alternative to NZ government debt
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares fall; Pacific Edge, Xero, A2 decline
- FX trader Jin Yuan Finance warned over anti-money laundering controls
- Briscoe issues a take-it-or-leave-it statement to Kathmandu shareholders
- Former mortgage broker convicted of fraud after forging documents to help poor families buy properties