Acerbic Radio New Zealand Saturday Morning host Kim Hill has been named International Radio Personality of the Year at the AIB Awards in London.
The AIB results were announced at a gala event last night (this morning NZ time), attended by senior executives, producers and journalists from radio and television organisations around the world.
Judges described Kim Hill as: "an experienced and warm broadcaster exercising full control of her content whilst coaxing her guests to reveal more of themselves; really enjoyable live and sparky content that demonstrates what is great about radio and illustrates how important lightness of touch is in speech content"
RNZ chief executive Peter Cavanagh did not travel to London to receive the award on Ms Hill's behalf, he was apparently there on other business.
There was added recognition for the state broadcaster when Simon Morton was highly commended in the radio documentary category for his Christchurch earthquake programme, Broken River, which earlier in the year won a Gold Medal at the New York Festival.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 26: Air New Zealand CEO Christopher Luxon
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in KiwiSaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert