Acerbic Radio New Zealand Saturday Morning host Kim Hill has been named International Radio Personality of the Year at the AIB Awards in London.
The AIB results were announced at a gala event last night (this morning NZ time), attended by senior executives, producers and journalists from radio and television organisations around the world.
Judges described Kim Hill as: "an experienced and warm broadcaster exercising full control of her content whilst coaxing her guests to reveal more of themselves; really enjoyable live and sparky content that demonstrates what is great about radio and illustrates how important lightness of touch is in speech content"
RNZ chief executive Peter Cavanagh did not travel to London to receive the award on Ms Hill's behalf, he was apparently there on other business.
There was added recognition for the state broadcaster when Simon Morton was highly commended in the radio documentary category for his Christchurch earthquake programme, Broken River, which earlier in the year won a Gold Medal at the New York Festival.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 22: Next Foundation chief executive Bill Kermode
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “Trevor Mallard better watch out” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide on government spending
- Michael Coote thinks Donald Trump wants to flex his muscles by humiliatingly screwing over other countries