Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Acerbic Radio New Zealand Saturday Morning host Kim Hill has been named International Radio Personality of the Year at the AIB Awards in London.
The AIB results were announced at a gala event last night (this morning NZ time), attended by senior executives, producers and journalists from radio and television organisations around the world.
Judges described Kim Hill as: "an experienced and warm broadcaster exercising full control of her content whilst coaxing her guests to reveal more of themselves; really enjoyable live and sparky content that demonstrates what is great about radio and illustrates how important lightness of touch is in speech content"
RNZ chief executive Peter Cavanagh did not travel to London to receive the award on Ms Hill's behalf, he was apparently there on other business.
There was added recognition for the state broadcaster when Simon Morton was highly commended in the radio documentary category for his Christchurch earthquake programme, Broken River, which earlier in the year won a Gold Medal at the New York Festival.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MasterCard, Visa pressure sees PayPal halt servicing payments for Mega
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- Deal struck between warring leaky litigators
- Editor's Insight: Solid Energy's lessons in putting taxpayers at risk
- Samsung previews the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge: my top-five takeaways