Disgraced entertainer Rolf Harris was given a five year, nine month sentence overnight NZ time, but a Guardian report says he could be out within three years with good behaviour.
On Monday, a jury unanimously found Harris guilty of 12 indecent assaults against four girls — including one aged just seven or eight.
At his sentencing Friday, the judge made some jail terms concurrent and some consecutive, giving a total which was less than some observers had predicted.
The bad news for Harris: Attorney General Dominic Grieve is set to review the sentence following immediate complaints it was too light.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Prime Minister John Key would be better off doing the things he tells people he will do, says Matthew Hooton
- Paula Bennett is “thrilled” by the ban on three Wicked Camper vans, says Rodney Hide
- Michael Wigley says Uber may have inadvertently opened itself to action under competition law
- Tim Hunter on the Z Energy-Chevron deal