Former Nightline presenter Samantha Hayes will replace Guyon Espiner for TV3’s Third Degree.
The move follows Mr Espiner's announcement last year he will join Radio NZ to co-host Morning Report.
Ms Hayes will join former TV3 political editor Duncan Garner to co-host the current affairs programme.
MediaWorks director of News and Current Affairs Mark Jennings says audience feedback was positive towards having two presenters.
Ms Hayes has worked for TV3 since 2006 in various roles including a back-up anchor for morning show Firstline, as well as the now-defunct Nightline. She also had a short stint as the 3 News Australian correspondent.
She was recently named by Metro as Auckland’s sexiest woman.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Rich Lister John Spencer of Caxton paper fame dies
- NZ POLITICS DAILY: The new critics of Waitangi
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall on underwhelming SkyCity outlook; Xero, MRP decline
- NZ dollar gains on greenback weakness driven by US rates, economy outlook
- Solid Energy in better position than sold-for-a-dollar Aussie coal mine, CEO Clifford says
Most listened to
- Tech commentator Paul Brislen breaks down the latest telco sector report
- NBR reporter Tim Hunter discusses Intueri's problems
- NZ ambassador to Turkey Jonathan Curr talks about improving Turkish - NZ relations
- Hamish McNicol discusses Masala Restaurants and Kim Dotcom in this week's Court Report
- Conflict controversies, increased sports rights competition and MIA IPOs: Chelsea Armitage and Nick Grant on NZ media