Former Nightline presenter Samantha Hayes will replace Guyon Espiner for TV3’s Third Degree.
The move follows Mr Espiner's announcement last year he will join Radio NZ to co-host Morning Report.
Ms Hayes will join former TV3 political editor Duncan Garner to co-host the current affairs programme.
MediaWorks director of News and Current Affairs Mark Jennings says audience feedback was positive towards having two presenters.
Ms Hayes has worked for TV3 since 2006 in various roles including a back-up anchor for morning show Firstline, as well as the now-defunct Nightline. She also had a short stint as the 3 News Australian correspondent.
She was recently named by Metro as Auckland’s sexiest woman.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NZME shares unpopular during first hour on NZX
- Brexit aftermath: disdain, the elites, and the warning for conservative parties everywhere
- NZ farmer confidence rebounds in second quarter as dairy price improves
- Dairy farmers need to reconsider 'smart level' of debt, Feds dairy chairman Hoggard says
- Accountant pinged for unauthorised car payments, conflicts of interest
Most listened to
- What Australia needs now is stability, no more hopping around, says CPA CEO Alex Malley
- The challenge for the conservative side of politics is to recapture the focus on national identity
- Craigs' Mark Lister says Brexit fallout is likely to mean more volatility and a sub-2% OCR
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on a report suggesting electric car uptake will be slow
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson: Brexit Special