Former Nightline presenter Samantha Hayes will replace Guyon Espiner for TV3’s Third Degree.
The move follows Mr Espiner's announcement last year he will join Radio NZ to co-host Morning Report.
Ms Hayes will join former TV3 political editor Duncan Garner to co-host the current affairs programme.
MediaWorks director of News and Current Affairs Mark Jennings says audience feedback was positive towards having two presenters.
Ms Hayes has worked for TV3 since 2006 in various roles including a back-up anchor for morning show Firstline, as well as the now-defunct Nightline. She also had a short stint as the 3 News Australian correspondent.
She was recently named by Metro as Auckland’s sexiest woman.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Dotcom breached asset freeze
- Olympics footage rights a non-issue, says MediaWorks’ McRoberts as he packs for Rio
- NZX milk futures contracts spike on volatility
- Northwest developments ahead of schedule
- Two of Hugh Green's children ask court to overrule High Court, remove their sister from family trust
Most listened to
- Trade Me gets fewer snooping requests from govt agencies – but others report mixed results
- NBR's Jenny Ruth outlines the latest development in legal battles in the human resources world
- ‘I can’t understand what their issue is’ – TV3’s Mike McRoberts on Fairfax, NZME’s Rio Olympics boycott
- National's 10% poll jump isn't believable - but the party's support does seem to be holding up
- Nevil Gibson's Editor's Insight names those most affected by the phase-out of ETS subsidies