Former Nightline presenter Samantha Hayes will replace Guyon Espiner for TV3’s Third Degree.
The move follows Mr Espiner's announcement last year he will join Radio NZ to co-host Morning Report.
Ms Hayes will join former TV3 political editor Duncan Garner to co-host the current affairs programme.
MediaWorks director of News and Current Affairs Mark Jennings says audience feedback was positive towards having two presenters.
Ms Hayes has worked for TV3 since 2006 in various roles including a back-up anchor for morning show Firstline, as well as the now-defunct Nightline. She also had a short stint as the 3 News Australian correspondent.
She was recently named by Metro as Auckland’s sexiest woman.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Parent, widow of Pike River casualties fail to force review of decision to drop charges against Whittall
- Joyce associates openly talking about leadership change
- The post-Thatcher world
- iPredict decision the work of 'officious aliens' – Crampton
- Dairy industry must learn to share its toys or get put in the naughty corner
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter on why Veritas is doing it the hard way
- Matthew Hooton on whether Steven Joyce will be the next national leader
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on films
- The NBR crew throw around some of the week's top stories
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’