Microsoft New Zealand country manager Kevin Ackhurst has taken a Singapore-based, regional sales and marketing role with his company.
Mr Ackhurst will take up his new role on August 2.
A Microsoft spokeswoman said a replacement had yet to be selected.
Asked if the replacement was likely to be an internal candidate, she said she would not comment on speculation.
One of Microsoft New Zealand’s most senior staffers, Paul Muckleston, recently returned from a tour of duty in Europe to head the local sales and marketing operation.
The Zimbabwean Mr Ackhurst took the reins at Microsoft New Zealand in October 2007, arriving from the company's Australian operation.
His efforts in helping to found then drive the industry lobby group NZICT, plus his education agitation, saw the Microsoft NZ boss land in NBR's Technology Power List at number 24.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 26: Air New Zealand CEO Christopher Luxon
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in KiwiSaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert