Microsoft New Zealand country manager Kevin Ackhurst has taken a Singapore-based, regional sales and marketing role with his company.
Mr Ackhurst will take up his new role on August 2.
A Microsoft spokeswoman said a replacement had yet to be selected.
Asked if the replacement was likely to be an internal candidate, she said she would not comment on speculation.
One of Microsoft New Zealand’s most senior staffers, Paul Muckleston, recently returned from a tour of duty in Europe to head the local sales and marketing operation.
The Zimbabwean Mr Ackhurst took the reins at Microsoft New Zealand in October 2007, arriving from the company's Australian operation.
His efforts in helping to found then drive the industry lobby group NZICT, plus his education agitation, saw the Microsoft NZ boss land in NBR's Technology Power List at number 24.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the state of the British Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn
- Rodney Hide on the Ombudsman’s investigation into SSC conduct of MFAT leaks inquiry
- David Cohen on how to walk out of a TV interview
- Imperial Tobacco lobbyist insists NZ visit about “contributing expertise,” not pressuring government on plain packaging law