The Serious Fraud Office has confirmed it is investigating procurement irregularities at Auckland Transport.
The white-collar crime investigator executed a number of search warrants at several locations yesterday as it probes an unidentified number of individuals relating to "irregularities in the procurement of services," it said in a statement.
The investigation is being conducted under Part 2 of the Act, meaning the SFO director has reasonable grounds to believe an offence has been committed, which allows him to compel attendance at interviews. Under a Part 1 investigation the SFO can only require the release of documents.
Auckland Transport referred the matter to the SFO after an internal investigation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Taryn Hamilton on why you need 1 gig UFB
- ASB economist Daniel Snowden: Businesses only see the kiwi dollar dropping by 4% in 12 months
- ‘If you want to go around telling people how they should think, don’t do it with taxpayer money’ – David Seymour on Susan Devoy
- Craigs' Grant Swanepoel on how he expects Z to reconfigure the Z and Caltex brands
- Cameron Officer details the latest motoring news