The Serious Fraud Office has confirmed it is investigating procurement irregularities at Auckland Transport.
The white-collar crime investigator executed a number of search warrants at several locations yesterday as it probes an unidentified number of individuals relating to "irregularities in the procurement of services," it said in a statement.
The investigation is being conducted under Part 2 of the Act, meaning the SFO director has reasonable grounds to believe an offence has been committed, which allows him to compel attendance at interviews. Under a Part 1 investigation the SFO can only require the release of documents.
Auckland Transport referred the matter to the SFO after an internal investigation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares fall as profit takers enter market; Tower, MRP, Freightways decline
- Dunedin launches southern hemisphere's fastest public wi-fi network - and it's free
- Foreign Affairs Scope: Russia's Syrian involvement intensifies
- Reopened Christchurch seaside dump an environmental time bomb?
- Facebook introduces scheme to verify NZ businesses' pages