Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
David Shearer is likely to remain the Labour Party leader until at least March next year, according to traders on the betting site iPredict.
Speculation is rife Mr Shearer has done his dash as leader and it is only a matter of who will replace him as leader.
iPredict traders, however, believe there is a 90% chance Mr Shearer will still be Labour leader on March 1, 2013.
They reckon there is a 56% chance he will depart as leader some time in 2013, but only a 19% chance he will leave before the end of this year.
When he does leave as leader, traders think there is a 55% probability David Cunliffe will replace him.
Deputy leader Grant Robertson has a 24% chance of being made leader, with newcomer Andrew Little on 4%.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Xero CFO Jeffries leaves after 2 months in the role
- Dollar heads for 1.7% weekly decline after Reserve Bank rules out rate rises
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Lubricant deal slips away as Commerce Commission nixes merger
- Carry on: 250 A320s for EasyJet, lower Changi fees and more