Mt Albert MP David Shearer is still considered by iPredict to be the favourite to win the mini-primary taking place for the Labour Party leadership.
The prediction market rates Mr Shearer’s chance of success at 68%, down slightly from 70% the week prior.
Mr Shearer is competing against David Cunliffe for the position.
Grant Robertson is assessed as 48% likely to be Labour’s new deputy leader after the Wellington Central MP tossed his hat into the ring earlier this week.
In contracts on cabinet appointment John Key is considered a near-certainty expected to retain his tourism portfolio (92% chance) and Judith Collins is widely tipped to pick up justice (90%).
Steven Joyce is expected to be a minister of everything with contracts being traded on his appointment to economic development (89%), associate finance (70%), energy and resources (45%), transport (41%) and science and innovation (23%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Airways's Ed Sims says the growth in air traffic management will be hard to sustain
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson watches Auckland's four "true blue" mayoral candidates step out in Takapuna
- Cameron Officer on Singapore’s driver-less taxi in Car Torque
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson looks at Phil Goff, who at a forum in Takapuna spoke of the need to reduce population
- Meridian CEO Mark Binns on the Tiwai smelter and generation options