Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Mt Albert MP David Shearer is still considered by iPredict to be the favourite to win the mini-primary taking place for the Labour Party leadership.
The prediction market rates Mr Shearer’s chance of success at 68%, down slightly from 70% the week prior.
Mr Shearer is competing against David Cunliffe for the position.
Grant Robertson is assessed as 48% likely to be Labour’s new deputy leader after the Wellington Central MP tossed his hat into the ring earlier this week.
In contracts on cabinet appointment John Key is considered a near-certainty expected to retain his tourism portfolio (92% chance) and Judith Collins is widely tipped to pick up justice (90%).
Steven Joyce is expected to be a minister of everything with contracts being traded on his appointment to economic development (89%), associate finance (70%), energy and resources (45%), transport (41%) and science and innovation (23%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- HBO sends cut-off threat to NZ, Aussie HBO NOW users
- Treasury at odds with Reserve Bank over CGT
- Peter Jackson, Kim Dotcom, Cliff Curtis feature in latest batch of leaked Sony emails
- RAW DATA: Lisa Owen interviews former Tony Blair spin doctor Alastair Campbell
- Maori left out of water debate for far too long – Te Ururoa Flavell