Mt Albert MP David Shearer is still considered by iPredict to be the favourite to win the mini-primary taking place for the Labour Party leadership.
The prediction market rates Mr Shearer’s chance of success at 68%, down slightly from 70% the week prior.
Mr Shearer is competing against David Cunliffe for the position.
Grant Robertson is assessed as 48% likely to be Labour’s new deputy leader after the Wellington Central MP tossed his hat into the ring earlier this week.
In contracts on cabinet appointment John Key is considered a near-certainty expected to retain his tourism portfolio (92% chance) and Judith Collins is widely tipped to pick up justice (90%).
Steven Joyce is expected to be a minister of everything with contracts being traded on his appointment to economic development (89%), associate finance (70%), energy and resources (45%), transport (41%) and science and innovation (23%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- New Crimson capital values founder Jamie Beaton's stake at $73m
- Equity crowdfunding site folds in market shake-up
- Blow by blow: Clinton, Trump fail knockout in first presidential debate
- Goldman Sachs details trading with ‘Ming’
- SecureCom buys Atmospheric, the Microsoft NZ Partner of the Year gone bust
Most listened to
- Taryn Hamilton on why you need 1 gig UFB
- ASB economist Daniel Snowden: Businesses only see the kiwi dollar dropping by 4% in 12 months
- ‘If you want to go around telling people how they should think, don’t do it with taxpayer money’ – David Seymour on Susan Devoy
- Craigs' Grant Swanepoel on how he expects Z to reconfigure the Z and Caltex brands
- Cameron Officer details the latest motoring news