Mt Albert MP David Shearer is still considered by iPredict to be the favourite to win the mini-primary taking place for the Labour Party leadership.
The prediction market rates Mr Shearer’s chance of success at 68%, down slightly from 70% the week prior.
Mr Shearer is competing against David Cunliffe for the position.
Grant Robertson is assessed as 48% likely to be Labour’s new deputy leader after the Wellington Central MP tossed his hat into the ring earlier this week.
In contracts on cabinet appointment John Key is considered a near-certainty expected to retain his tourism portfolio (92% chance) and Judith Collins is widely tipped to pick up justice (90%).
Steven Joyce is expected to be a minister of everything with contracts being traded on his appointment to economic development (89%), associate finance (70%), energy and resources (45%), transport (41%) and science and innovation (23%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson reveals New Zealand has moved up one place world competitiveness
- Political Editor Rob Hosking on the Labour Greens Cuddle up
- G3 CEO Mark Brightwell on the mail company's expansion plans
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson says the economics and politics of Argentina in the 1950s make interesting parallels with today
- Partners Life founder Naomi Ballantyne tells NBR Radio what Blackstone's investment means for the company's IPO plan