Dame Jenny Shipley has been appointed chairwoman of Genesis Energy as part of a string of state owned enterprise governance announcements made today.
The appointment of the former prime minister was one of 24, including reappointments, announced by State Owned Enterprises Minister Simon Power.
Dame Jenny replaces Brian Corban, who has served for the past 10 years, while another energy company, Mighty River Power, will be chaired by recently appointed board member Joan Withers, who replaces Carole Durbin.
Four new deputy chairs have also been confirmed, including former finance minister Michael Cullen (NZ Post), John Ashby (AsureQuality), Janine Smith (Kordia) and Trevor Janes (Mighty River Power).
Another former prime minister, Jim Bolger (NZ Post), and John Palmer (Solid Energy), have been reappointed as chairmen for 12 months each.
The appointments and reappointments, including other directorships, take effect from between November 1 and January 1.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- The Australians doing it better? Chapman Tripp partner Roger Wallis explains
- BNZ's Jason Wong says the movements in the currency market last week were some of the biggest in history
- CBL's Peter Harris on uncertain times in the UK insurance industry
- Govt performing an awkward political U-turn on foreign trusts. Rob Hosking with John Shewan and John Key
- Trade Minister Todd McClay says plans for an FTA with the EU will not be hindered by the Brexit