Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Dame Jenny Shipley has been appointed chairwoman of Genesis Energy as part of a string of state owned enterprise governance announcements made today.
The appointment of the former prime minister was one of 24, including reappointments, announced by State Owned Enterprises Minister Simon Power.
Dame Jenny replaces Brian Corban, who has served for the past 10 years, while another energy company, Mighty River Power, will be chaired by recently appointed board member Joan Withers, who replaces Carole Durbin.
Four new deputy chairs have also been confirmed, including former finance minister Michael Cullen (NZ Post), John Ashby (AsureQuality), Janine Smith (Kordia) and Trevor Janes (Mighty River Power).
Another former prime minister, Jim Bolger (NZ Post), and John Palmer (Solid Energy), have been reappointed as chairmen for 12 months each.
The appointments and reappointments, including other directorships, take effect from between November 1 and January 1.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Rodney Hide is wrong on climate change
- Crying wolf as climate change takes a ‘hiatus’
- Judith Collins backs 'great leader' Helen Clark for top UN job
- The Moxie Sessions: Will the last person out of Ohura please turn out the lights (but for the love of God don’t unplug the navigation beacon)