Jan 24: Sir Paul Holmes has been discharged from hospital, his wife Lady Deborah and brother Ken said in a statement to media late this afternoon.
The broadcaster has returned to his Hawke's Bay home home, where he is being nursed. Family members are by his side.
Sir Paul Holmes hospitalised
Jan 23: Ailing broadcaster Sir Paul Holmes is back in hospital less than a week after being invested as a knight at his Hawke's Bay home.
His family have gathered in Hawke's Bay to be with him, where he is said to be in a stable condition in hospital, according to media reports.
Sir Paul's investiture was brought forward last week because of his deteriorating health.
He underwent surgery last year for an ongoing heart condition, but the added return of his prostate cancer made his health situation worse.
Sir Paul (62) retired from broadcasting late last year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- PayPal ‘on shaky ground’ as it pulls service from second Netflix unblocker popular with Kiwis
- Directors claim $14.2m in Albany Heights liquidation
- Telcos cave in to Commerce Commission
- Worse financial crisis needed to achieve effective financial regulation: professor
- Gareth Morgan wades into Awaroa beach
Most listened to
- Paul Brislen on the merits of "cutting off the money" versus Netflix' technical attempts to shut-out unblockers
- Westpac's Dominick Stephens says dairy prices are still a major concern, despite El Niño fears fading
- London School of Economics Professor John Kay discusses financial regulatory shortcomings
- Nathan Smith reviews North Korea’s missile launch and Italy’s slow bank collapse in this week’s Foreign Affairs Scope
- Nevil Gibson discusses which countries are the big R&D spenders in his latest Editor's Insight