Slingshot has launched a $69 a month that offers a homeline, 40GB of rollover data, a free modem and a 200GB bonus data block (which, like un-used data, rolls over from month to month if unused).
CallPlus/Slingshot CEO Mark Callendar says the new plan is aimed at those on "Vodafone’s current headline offer of 30GB a month for $75 and Telecom’s package deal of 30GB with home phone for the same $75 rate." (Telecom recently boosted data on its $85 plan to 50GB).
Mr Callander turned shy on the topic of how many customers have turned on Slingshot's recently introduced Global Mode. Neither would he tell NBR ONLINE whether the ISP has been approached by any content makers or distributors.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Fellet unmoved by media company 'for-sale' signs as Sky TV mulls capital options
- Economics of Tiwai Point smelter still going backwards, Woodward's Kidd says
- Budget 2016: The debt picture softens
- NZ posts trade surplus in April as gold kiwifruit, apples drive exports
- Google's Paris office raided in multi-billion tax evasion swoop
Most listened to
- AMA: Orion boss Ian McCrae delivers 10 quickfire answers to 10 quickfire questions from readers
- Government debt will top out at about 26% of GDP, well below most other countries, says Professor Niall Ferguson
- Taxpayers' Union director Jordan Williams is not sold on the government's 'Soviet-style' tourism accommodation plan
- Europe expansion could come quicker than planned, says Invert Robotics CEO James Robertson
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson argues the government’s role in tourism is more critical to economic growth than housing