Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Former Warriors captain Steve Price is "subdividing" his head as a novel way to raise more money for the Child Cancer Foundation with a social media drive launched this afternoon.
The rugby league legend – who is Queensland's most-capped State of Origin forward – is an ambassador of the Child Cancer Foundation and each year hosts a charity dinner as a fundraiser.
This year he is shaving his head to raise money for the cause, but to maximise what he can raise he is "subdividing" his head into sections.
People who want to sponsor him can bid on the sides, front, top or back of his head.
The winning bidders will be hosted by Steve at his star-studded Child Cancer Foundation Dinner in Auckland on Friday, March 1.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- PM tells Auckland Council to get real
- While you were sleeping: US rates, Greece in focus
- More than 100 jobs could go in Fairfax restructure
- Air NZ exclusive club member quits, says saga has been a ‘storm in a teacup’
- Auckland architecture awards: from modestly scaled home additions to large infrastructural works