Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
With less than three weeks to go before the promised launch of TVNZ’s Seven Sharp, the state broadcaster is scrambling for a sponsor.
TVNZ spin doctor Megan Richards confirmed former Close-Up sponsor Kia Motors will not renew its sponsorship for the new show.
Kia Motors declined to comment on why it pulled out, but a TVNZ insider told NBR ONLINE the car company was unhappy with the new format.
Ms Richards told NBR ONLINE that TVNZ was still on the hunt for sponsors for the show to be presented by Greg Boyed, Alison Mau and Jesse Mulligan.
“We’re making good progress and we’ve having positive feedback from the meetings we’ve had this week.”
Ms Richards says Seven Sharp is looking for sponsors to match its new audience.
“It’s pitching to a more inclusively young audience, It's not that we don’t want old viewers – we do – but we’d like to broaden the view.”
Doubt over the new show’s future comes just as TVNZ news boss Ross Dagan quit the broadcaster.
He had been in the role for less than one year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- OIO judges Dotcom ‘good character’ – despite hacking, insider trading, reckless driving
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- RAW DATA: Lisa Owen interviews a British foreign fighter
- Orion CFO Rodney Hyde to leave after company reports earnings in May
- Key, Aussies at odds with Abbott over time-limit on Iraq mission