Air New Zealand is set to spark more tut-tutting with its latest sexy in-flight safety video.
It has partnered with Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit franchise to produce Safety in Paradise, which was shot in the Cook Islands.
Previous videos have included body-painted pilots and cabin crew, characters from The Hobbit, Bear Grylls, comedian Betty White and Richard Simmonds leading a fitness class.
And who can forget Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan sharing a Skycouch with the fast-talking teddy bear called Rico?
The bikini video will be released online next Wednesday (Feb 12) and then start screening across the fleet from the end of February [UPDATE: see the full clip below]
As well as the safety message, it will promote Air New Zealand’s Auckland-Rarotonga and Los Angeles-Rarotonga services.
The viedo features a guest appearance from Christie Brinkley, who has appeared on three consecutive Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covers.
Other big names in swimsuit modelling – Chrissy Teigen, Ariel Meredith, Hannah Davis and Jessica Gomes – also appear but not New Zealand’s own Rachel Hunter, who has been in past issues.
Air New Zealand's head of global brand development, Jodi Williams, says the magazine alone has more than 61 million readers annually and the safety video shoot will feature in the anniversary edition.
“This is money can’t buy global attention focused on a key destination and our airline,” she says.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Trading with Milford’s “Ming” – Goldmans and Forbars give evidence at Warminger trial
- CBL managing director Peter Harris on the insurer's future plans.
- Hellaby MD Alan Clarke on the $322.5 million Bapcor takeover offer.
- CCHL chief executive Paul Munro discusses the annual report
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson finds women are still under-represented at all levels of the corporate ladder
- Privacy Commissioner John Edwards on a pending law change that will affect your business