The proliferic Taxpayers' Union has released a report called
The lobby group calls it "an innovative guide for local authorities, showing them how they can cut waste, save money, reduce bureaucracy and ultimately lower rates. Rate Saver Report: 101 Ways to Save Money in Local Government adopts many suggestions made by the country’s mayors, and is based on similar reports published in the United Kingdom."
Perhaps surprisingly, the guide has received an endorsement from Invercargill mayor and one-time radical leftie Tim Shadblot.
Mr Shadbolt says in a foreword:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- 'It’s not as big as it was last year but it’s still the biggest game in town' – Paul Maher talks up TVNZ's audience
- Hydroworks CEO Andrew Rodwell on the company's prospects post-funding.
- Trading with Milford’s “Ming” – Goldmans and Forbars give evidence at Warminger trial
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson finds women are still under-represented at all levels of the corporate ladder
- Privacy Commissioner John Edwards on a pending law change that will affect your business