The proliferic Taxpayers' Union has released a report called
The lobby group calls it "an innovative guide for local authorities, showing them how they can cut waste, save money, reduce bureaucracy and ultimately lower rates. Rate Saver Report: 101 Ways to Save Money in Local Government adopts many suggestions made by the country’s mayors, and is based on similar reports published in the United Kingdom."
Perhaps surprisingly, the guide has received an endorsement from Invercargill mayor and one-time radical leftie Tim Shadblot.
Mr Shadbolt says in a foreword:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Suburban intensification and sprawl outside city boundary - Unitary Plan
- Former ponzi investor McIntosh argues he's entitled to 'fantasy' returns from RAM
- Editor’s Insight: FBI revelations fuel Flight MH370’s ‘rogue pilot’ theory
- Ryman flags new $200m village for Auckland's Hobsonville
- Seven questions for Rabobank’s new NZ boss
Most listened to
- The Unitary Plan will change the face of Auckland. NBR reporter Sally Lindsay looks at the changes
- Rabobank's newly appointed CEO Daryl Johnson answers seven key questions on this agriculture industry
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson examines new revelations about downing of Flight MH370
- InternetNZ boss's two problems with TPP legislation
- Germany’s terror and Turkish torture on Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith