The proliferic Taxpayers' Union has released a report called
The lobby group calls it "an innovative guide for local authorities, showing them how they can cut waste, save money, reduce bureaucracy and ultimately lower rates. Rate Saver Report: 101 Ways to Save Money in Local Government adopts many suggestions made by the country’s mayors, and is based on similar reports published in the United Kingdom."
Perhaps surprisingly, the guide has received an endorsement from Invercargill mayor and one-time radical leftie Tim Shadblot.
Mr Shadbolt says in a foreword:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on Labour party’s reaction to the budget 2016
- Rodney Hide says the attack by University of Auckland over overfishing is nonsense
- Do social bonds make sense? Tim Hunter tells Andrew Patterson it’s not just about the warm fuzzies
- Cameron Officer talks about the car of the week - Volkswagen California Ocean