The proliferic Taxpayers' Union has released a report called
The lobby group calls it "an innovative guide for local authorities, showing them how they can cut waste, save money, reduce bureaucracy and ultimately lower rates. Rate Saver Report: 101 Ways to Save Money in Local Government adopts many suggestions made by the country’s mayors, and is based on similar reports published in the United Kingdom."
Perhaps surprisingly, the guide has received an endorsement from Invercargill mayor and one-time radical leftie Tim Shadblot.
Mr Shadbolt says in a foreword:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Hellaby’s oil & gas services business could deliver this year, says new managing director Alan Clarke
- Hamish McNicol talks about Yoghurt Story
- TrueNet's John Butt on internet speeds
- Snakk Media chief executive Mark Ryan wonders how to "move the needle" on Snakk's share price
- Head-to-head: Federated Farmers director Katie Milne and SAFE executive director Hans kriek debate dairy industry's treatment of bobby calves