Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Dr Roderick Deane, Chairman of Telecom New Zealand [ NZX : TEL ], has confirmed that he will retire in the next 12 months.
Dr Deane said the precise time that he steps down will depend on the Telecom board.
He says that the decision to step down at Telecom was part of a general move to reduce his corporate responsiblities. He is also retiring from positions at the ANZ Banking Group, the ANZ National Bank, Te Papa Tongarewa, the National Museum of New Zealand, and the City Gallery Wellington Foundation.
Dr Deane said he had a number of other activities which he and his wife
Gillian had been pursuing over recent years and to which he was keen to
devote more time.
Dr Deane said he would continue as Chairman of Fletcher Building Ltd., as
a director of Woolworths Ltd. in Australia, as Chairman of the New Zealand
Seed Fund, as a member of the Board of Governance of the IHC and as a
trustee of MOTU, an economic and social research group.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Rodney Hide is wrong on climate change
- Crying wolf as climate change takes a ‘hiatus’
- Judith Collins backs 'great leader' Helen Clark for top UN job
- The Moxie Sessions: Will the last person out of Ohura please turn out the lights (but for the love of God don’t unplug the navigation beacon)