Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Telecom New Zealand says it will change its name to Spark New Zealand with effect from August 8.
However, it says that while the legal entity names will change, other changes will be phased in over time.
Consumers were given a sneak peak of the transition as bus-stops featuring the Spark brand went up early last month.
Chief executive Simon Moutter says the transition to Spark is a massive undertaking, with a vast number of underlying technology changes required as well as the more visible changes to branding and signage.
“The technical transition to Spark is extremely complex, especially with so many of our customer services revolving around digital connections via our networks or the internet,” Mr Moutter says.
Telecom Retail becomes Spark Home, Mobile and Business
Gen-i becomes Spark Digital
Telecom Connect becomes Spark Connect
Telecom Wholesale becomes Spark Wholesale
Telecom Digital Ventures becomes Spark Ventures
Telecom NZ International
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 2degrees narrows loss, reveals new customer number
- Chorus says RMA fix needed as fibre rollout stumbles on shared driveways, multi-unit homes
- Scott Technology lays off 13 staff in favour of temp workers, EPMU says
- Chip technology augurs finer future for fine wool sector
- Global Mode: MyRepublic throws in the towel