TelstraClear says it is slowly reconnecting customers to its cable service in Christchurch.
An outage hit TelstraClear's cable service in Christchurch in the early hours of this morning.
Around half the company's cable connections in the city, or about 13,000 customers, were affected, a spokeswoman told NBR.
"Customers are slowly gaining reconnection and we are focused on speeding that process up," the spokeswoman said.
"Once the service is back up to its full potential we'll fully investigate the issue and take steps to stop it from re-occuring."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “An RBA interest rate cut is pretty much a done deal,” says Capital Economic's Paul Dales
- Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzō Abe opens the floodgates to more stimulus. Join NBR's Jason Walls as he explains why
- Despite a few howls of protest, land economics expert Adam Thompson rates the Auckland Unitary Plan
- Hamish McNicol discusses the Serious Fraud Office’s warning to companies about employee fraud