From today, customers around the capital join TelstraClear Christchurch subscribers in having access to 25Mbit/s fibre plans. It’s New Zealand’s fastest broadband.
It’s New Zealand’s fastest broadband, but with a couple of catches.
First, the price: $229 a month. The data cap is a generous 120GB, after which extra data costs $2.95 for a 2GB pack. By TelstraClear's own admission, the cost has limited Christchurch sign-ups to a mere 20 customers.
The other catch is upload speed: a relatively modest 2Mbit/s.
Coverage maps and plans are on TelstraClear’s website.
Today, the telco also announced a 100Mbit/s upgrade for its 80,000 cable customers across Kapiti, Wellington and Christchurch. The $10 million upgrade will take place by March 2010.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Tim Hunter asks: Is the government planning to hand control of water to iwi?
- Matthew Hooton on Winston Peters’ plan to become prime minister
- Rodney Hide on the technological development and economic advance in transport