From today, customers around the capital join TelstraClear Christchurch subscribers in having access to 25Mbit/s fibre plans. It’s New Zealand’s fastest broadband.
It’s New Zealand’s fastest broadband, but with a couple of catches.
First, the price: $229 a month. The data cap is a generous 120GB, after which extra data costs $2.95 for a 2GB pack. By TelstraClear's own admission, the cost has limited Christchurch sign-ups to a mere 20 customers.
The other catch is upload speed: a relatively modest 2Mbit/s.
Coverage maps and plans are on TelstraClear’s website.
Today, the telco also announced a 100Mbit/s upgrade for its 80,000 cable customers across Kapiti, Wellington and Christchurch. The $10 million upgrade will take place by March 2010.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Trade Me gets fewer snooping requests from govt agencies – but others report mixed results
- NBR's Jenny Ruth outlines the latest development in legal battles in the human resources world
- ‘I can’t understand what their issue is’ – TV3’s Mike McRoberts on Fairfax, NZME’s Rio Olympics boycott
- National's 10% poll jump isn't believable - but the party's support does seem to be holding up
- Nevil Gibson's Editor's Insight names those most affected by the phase-out of ETS subsidies