Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
From today, customers around the capital join TelstraClear Christchurch subscribers in having access to 25Mbit/s fibre plans. It’s New Zealand’s fastest broadband.
It’s New Zealand’s fastest broadband, but with a couple of catches.
First, the price: $229 a month. The data cap is a generous 120GB, after which extra data costs $2.95 for a 2GB pack. By TelstraClear's own admission, the cost has limited Christchurch sign-ups to a mere 20 customers.
The other catch is upload speed: a relatively modest 2Mbit/s.
Coverage maps and plans are on TelstraClear’s website.
Today, the telco also announced a 100Mbit/s upgrade for its 80,000 cable customers across Kapiti, Wellington and Christchurch. The $10 million upgrade will take place by March 2010.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Flavell launches ministerial investigation into Aupouri Maori Trust Board
- Government, Auckland agree at last on transport funding approach
- US pull-out would support Xero at $25 – analyst
- NZ ad agency behind Burger King’s global ‘McWhopper’ campaign
- Maryanne Green's $400 million estate trustee status disputed