Auckland Council’s chief financial officer has quit, effective September 30.
Andrew McKenzie will take a position with Fletcher Building [NZX: FBU]. The NZX-listed building company confirmed Mr McKenzie had taken up a position at the firm but has not said what role.
Auckland Council chief executive Stephen Town says Mr McKenzie made an outstanding contribution to the successful establishment of the Auckland Council.
Mr McKenzie won the chief financial officer of the year award at the 2013 New Zealand CFO Summit Awards. A council press release said the award judges considered Mr McKenzie to be someone who “thinks strategically and executes successfully.”
The council says it is recruiting for a replacement.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- How John Key could split Labour, A tale of two funds, Why isn’t the NXT market working?
- Turbulence for travel industry as franchisees refuse deal
- Briefcase: Welcome to the Bar and other stories, Chris Cairns' legal star turn
- AFT confirms listing plans
- NXT provides best protection for small investors, claims CEO