Auckland Council’s chief financial officer has quit, effective September 30.
Andrew McKenzie will take a position with Fletcher Building [NZX: FBU]. The NZX-listed building company confirmed Mr McKenzie had taken up a position at the firm but has not said what role.
Auckland Council chief executive Stephen Town says Mr McKenzie made an outstanding contribution to the successful establishment of the Auckland Council.
Mr McKenzie won the chief financial officer of the year award at the 2013 New Zealand CFO Summit Awards. A council press release said the award judges considered Mr McKenzie to be someone who “thinks strategically and executes successfully.”
The council says it is recruiting for a replacement.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Who are the winners and losers in Labour's re-shuffle? Rob Hosking explains
- Head-to-head: Federated Farmers director Katie Milne and SAFE executive director Hans kriek debate dairy industry's treatment of bobby calves
- Full Flavour managing director Jesse Archer says Ultra Fast Fibre gave him the "two fingered salute"
- Sally Lindsay and Chris Hutching talk about the latest in property news in Property Talk
- Keep Our Assets Murray Horton on Christchurch Council asset sales