Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Auckland Council’s chief financial officer has quit, effective September 30.
Andrew McKenzie will take a position with Fletcher Building [NZX: FBU]. The NZX-listed building company confirmed Mr McKenzie had taken up a position at the firm but has not said what role.
Auckland Council chief executive Stephen Town says Mr McKenzie made an outstanding contribution to the successful establishment of the Auckland Council.
Mr McKenzie won the chief financial officer of the year award at the 2013 New Zealand CFO Summit Awards. A council press release said the award judges considered Mr McKenzie to be someone who “thinks strategically and executes successfully.”
The council says it is recruiting for a replacement.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Key sending in 'Mr Fix-it' to hurry Brownlee along?
- Briefcase: A tale of two firms, and the rise of the salaried partner
- ComCom proposes to let telco retailers keep $57 million
- Briscoe's bid below par, say analysts as Kathmandu says take no action
- Government guidelines give green light to industrial-scale counterfeiting