This is a selection of interesting and insightful tweets responding to today’s Internet Mana Party alliance. As usual, the most recent tweets are first. Will be updated. [Read more below]
Today is Internet/Mana's high point. Having done such arrangements before, I can confidently say it's likely to be all downhill from here
Any plans for a United Future & Conservatives deal? United Con v Mana Dot Con in the battle of the dodgy deals.
I ran 'Mana Mana doo doo doo Internet!' past Hone Harawira as a better party name but he didn't seem keen.
Is the Internet Party using a reverse listing to get into parliament like Mega's reverse takeover bid is about getting on the NZX?
Any number of classic internet memes are available for poiltical cartoonists right meow
Predicting that Mana Party will take a much bigger hit in party membership than Internet Party as a result of the alliance...
Where are all the msm pundits now who claimed MANA-IP wouldn't happen?
I guess "iMana" would have resulted in Apple's lawyers descending on the party, which is probably not what KDC needs right now
Love watching press gallery journalists struggle with the concept of Internet MANA in my twitter feed
Oooooh. Hone is predicting a "shake up" in the #nzpol landscape.
It looks like the Mana and Internet party lists will Merge Like a .ZIP
Internet Mana Party. Wait - imp - is that what we are calling it?
Given the Internet Party will pick up most of the bill for the coalition, why did Dotcom give the Internet Party $250k last month?
TBH if I'd associated Hone Harawira with a digital issue before this, it would have been a raised middle one. So they have that in common.
"Internet-MANA", cos "muppet show" was taken.
Kelvin Davis has a wonderful platform to take back Te Tai Tokerau for Labour now.
Internet Party leader is.... chris cairns lol
Is this the point where the Internet Party goes from joke to farce? #votecivilian
Oh man they're calling themselves Internet Mana. Couldn't they have paid someone to come up with a decent name?
"Anti John Key Party" would have been more accurate. Plus touch on their only similarity.
You fools! The Internet Party was running low on mana and but you gave them a potion now they can cast all their magic spells! We're doomed!
Please please please not bomber RT @avancenz Leader of Internet Party to be unveiled on Thursday
Cannot wait to see response from Mana activists.
MMP rorts be MMP rorts.
@rnzdemelza Today Mana lost their Mana
Conscious coupling. #ManaInternet
Manternet would be a terrible choice at the moment so I guess that leaves Internana.
Harawira says once it became clear who Internet Party were considering as leader, it made it easier to continue negotiations.
I predict MegaHone.
Good luck for the internet today guys!
Taking suggestions on possible names for Mana Party and Internet Party merger...
@hdpaNEWS I've heard Dotcommunists bandied about
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Whanganui’s Sarjeant Gallery to get multimillion dollar extension
- iPredict decision the work of 'officious aliens' – Crampton
- Fire planners and let people decide
- Joyce associates openly talking about leadership change
- Parent, widow of Pike River casualties fail to force review of decision to drop charges against Whittall
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter on why Veritas is doing it the hard way
- Matthew Hooton on whether Steven Joyce will be the next national leader
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on films
- The NBR crew throw around some of the week's top stories
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’