Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Toshiba has previewed a tablet computer with a 13-inch screen - a third larger than rivals.
But it's still unknown whether consumers will think bigger is better when it comes to tablets.
The company told Wired that the new model could be considered a "home tablet," with potential for use around the kitchen.
Apple's iPad has a 9.7-inch screen, while Androids made by the likes of Acer, Asus, Samsung, Sony, Huawei and Motorola run to 10.1-inch screens.
Toshiba's Android range is sold locally, but there's no immediate word if the 13-inch monster will be available in NZ.
The 13-inch Toshiba Excite features Google Android 4.0 software (aka Ice Cream Sandwich), weighs 998g (the new iPad is 652g in its Wi-Fi version) and is 10.16mm thick (the iPad is 9.4mm).
The Excite series of tablets will ship in May, and also include 7.7-inch and 10.1-inch models.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Treasury at odds with Reserve Bank over CGT
- Peter Jackson, Kim Dotcom, Cliff Curtis feature in latest batch of leaked Sony emails
- HBO sends cut-off threat to NZ, Aussie HBO NOW users
- RAW DATA: Lisa Owen interviews former Tony Blair spin doctor Alastair Campbell
- Capital gains taxes – time to revisit the Rob McLeod report?