Toshiba has previewed a tablet computer with a 13-inch screen - a third larger than rivals.
But it's still unknown whether consumers will think bigger is better when it comes to tablets.
The company told Wired that the new model could be considered a "home tablet," with potential for use around the kitchen.
Apple's iPad has a 9.7-inch screen, while Androids made by the likes of Acer, Asus, Samsung, Sony, Huawei and Motorola run to 10.1-inch screens.
Toshiba's Android range is sold locally, but there's no immediate word if the 13-inch monster will be available in NZ.
The 13-inch Toshiba Excite features Google Android 4.0 software (aka Ice Cream Sandwich), weighs 998g (the new iPad is 652g in its Wi-Fi version) and is 10.16mm thick (the iPad is 9.4mm).
The Excite series of tablets will ship in May, and also include 7.7-inch and 10.1-inch models.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in Kiwisaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert
- Hunter’s Corner: Time for a line in the copyright sand