iPredict traders think the Trading Among Farmers proposal will be approved by Fonterra shareholders without any changes.
The giant dairy co-operative's board will present the proposal this week.
Early trading suggests there is a 65% chance of approval of the scheme, which would allow farmers to trade shares among themselves instead of with Fonterra.
Traders are also giving Colin Armer - Fonterra's supplier relations committee chairman - a 45% chance of taking over from Sir Henry van der Heyden as board chairman later this year.
Other iPredict stocks forecast a 53% chance Fonterra's final payout of milk-solids before retentions for 2011-12 will be more than $6.50, with a 26% chance it will be over $6.56.
Fonterra has forecast a payout of $6.45-$6.55 for 2011-12.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Prime Minister John Key would be better off doing the things he tells people he will do, says Matthew Hooton
- Paula Bennett is “thrilled” by the ban on three Wicked Camper vans, says Rodney Hide
- Michael Wigley says Uber may have inadvertently opened itself to action under competition law
- Tim Hunter on the Z Energy-Chevron deal