Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
iPredict traders think the Trading Among Farmers proposal will be approved by Fonterra shareholders without any changes.
The giant dairy co-operative's board will present the proposal this week.
Early trading suggests there is a 65% chance of approval of the scheme, which would allow farmers to trade shares among themselves instead of with Fonterra.
Traders are also giving Colin Armer - Fonterra's supplier relations committee chairman - a 45% chance of taking over from Sir Henry van der Heyden as board chairman later this year.
Other iPredict stocks forecast a 53% chance Fonterra's final payout of milk-solids before retentions for 2011-12 will be more than $6.50, with a 26% chance it will be over $6.56.
Fonterra has forecast a payout of $6.45-$6.55 for 2011-12.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Job Done for winning pitch in Fonterra innovation competition
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares fall; Pacific Edge, Xero, A2 decline
- NZ's earthquake-prone building standard half that of the US - NZSEE
- Snakk founder Derek Handley to leave board, shares fall
- Pressing need for basic infrastructure overtakes Christchurch 'smart city' plan