Transpower, the state-owned national electricity grid operator, named Alex Ball chief financial officer, replacing Howard Cattermole who announced his resignation in May.
Ball will take up the role in October, the Wellington-based firm said in a statement. He is a qualified accountant and has previously worked as CFO at TelstraClear and Vector and held senior finance positions with Ernst & Young in Singapore, Australia and London. Ball has also held several directorships, including as chairman of Liquigas, Transpower said.
Meanwhile, Stephen Jay has been appointed general manager of grid development, from his current role as general manager with engineering consultancy firm Mitton ElectroNet. Roy Noble has been the acting manager since John Clarke moved to general manager systems operations on May 31.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares fall as profit takers enter market; Tower, MRP, Freightways decline
- NZ POLITICS DAILY: Illusions of a transtasman partnership
- Dunedin launches southern hemisphere's fastest public wi-fi network - and it's free
- Air NZ forecasts 85% jump in first-half pretax earnings to $400m
- Facebook introduces scheme to verify NZ businesses' pages