Transpower, the state-owned national electricity grid operator, named Alex Ball chief financial officer, replacing Howard Cattermole who announced his resignation in May.
Ball will take up the role in October, the Wellington-based firm said in a statement. He is a qualified accountant and has previously worked as CFO at TelstraClear and Vector and held senior finance positions with Ernst & Young in Singapore, Australia and London. Ball has also held several directorships, including as chairman of Liquigas, Transpower said.
Meanwhile, Stephen Jay has been appointed general manager of grid development, from his current role as general manager with engineering consultancy firm Mitton ElectroNet. Roy Noble has been the acting manager since John Clarke moved to general manager systems operations on May 31.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- The Unitary Plan will change the face of Auckland. NBR reporter Sally Lindsay looks at the changes
- Rabobank's newly appointed CEO Daryl Johnson answers seven key questions on this agriculture industry
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson examines new revelations about downing of Flight MH370
- InternetNZ boss's two problems with TPP legislation
- Germany’s terror and Turkish torture on Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith