Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
The Treasury has appointed Deutsche Bank and Craigs Investment Partners as the Crown’s sole financial advisor for preparatory work it is doing to extend the mixed ownership model to four State Owned Enterprises.
Treasury’s general manager John Crawford said the firms were "selected after a rigorous assessment process from a strong line up of credible candidates.”
The government is planning to selldown its stakes in Mighty River Power, Meridian Energy, Genesis Energy, and Solid Energy and to reduce its shareholding in Air New Zealand. The government will retain a majority stake in all the companies.
Deutsche Bank and Craigs Investment Partners will provide advisory and project management services, starting immediately. This contract period ends prior to the November general election.
In the next few days, Treasury expects to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for scoping studies.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- The Moxie Sessions: Will the last person out of Ohura please turn out the lights (but for the love of God don’t unplug the navigation beacon)
- Crying wolf as climate change takes a ‘hiatus’
- Rodney Hide is wrong on climate change
- Don’t laugh: Winston’s plan to be PM