The Radio Network (TRN) has launched an Auckland-exclusive station as it shifts Radio Sport to an AM only frequency.
Mix98.2 FM will appeal to the 40-54 year old demographic and will combine music from the 1980s and 1990s along with fashion, style, food, entertainment and all things Auckland.
APN chief executive Jane Hastings says it’s not just about a new radio station.
“With APN’s recent acquisition of 100% ownership of TRN, the new leadership team has been looking at effective ways to leverage the content-rich business for advertisers wanting to reach savvy women with control of the household purse strings,” she says.
She says the content will be generated via a collaboration of a new team between TRN and the APN talent who lead Viva and other media outlets.
Viva editor Amanda Linnell says the radio platform will take its lifestyle content to a new level.
“This APN Group collaboration is all about building brands that engage with motivated readers in stimulating and dynamic ways.
Former Classic Hits host Melanie Homer will host the show on weekdays between 8am and 12pm.
Radio Sport was broadcasting on 98.2FM but from 12am last night it will revert to 1332AM.
TRN’s portfolio of brands includes The Hits, 91ZM, Radio Sport, Flava and iHeartRadio.
Jason Walls is an AUT journalism student
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Soccer shocker: beIN won't launch standalone streaming service in NZ
- Air NZ’s CHRISTOPHER LUXON opens up on competition and declining earnings
- Will a merged Tesla-SolarCity put a solar-powered battery in every home?
- Cannabis reform needed but please cut the crap
- Why do media keep reporting claims obviously false?
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 26: Air New Zealand CEO Christopher Luxon
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in KiwiSaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert