Craig Young will take over the reins of the Telecommunication Users Association of New Zealand following the departure of current CEO, Paul Brislen, the organisation says.
Mr Brislen is heading for a role in PR.
Mr Young comes to Tuanz from a six year stint at Chorus where he most recently lead the industry relations programme.
He joined Chorus at the date of operational separation in 2008 as the Head of Business Development, and before that was GM of wholesale commercial development at TelstraClear. Craig has worked in the New Zealand IT and telecommunications industry in one form or another since 1997.
Mr Young will take up the role from October 13th 2014, working from an office shared with InternetNZ in the Auckland CBD.
Tuanz Chairman Chris O'Connell, who is based in Wellington, will be fill-in spokesman between Mr Brislen's departure next week and Mr Young's arrival.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Christchurch City Holdings pays out all underlying profit to council owner
- Nigel Latta only tells half the story on the economy
- Wellington Airport wants to re-start resource consent for runway extension
- Strong support for Seymour’s call for an end to ‘demographic ministers’
- Hawaiki Cable names US landing partner
Most listened to
- ASB economist Daniel Snowden: Businesses only see the kiwi dollar dropping by 4% in 12 months
- ‘If you want to go around telling people how they should think, don’t do it with taxpayer money’ – David Seymour on Susan Devoy
- Craigs' Grant Swanepoel on how he expects Z to reconfigure the Z and Caltex brands
- Cameron Officer details the latest motoring news
- 9 Spokes CEO Mark Estall on his company's progress since listing