Craig Young will take over the reins of the Telecommunication Users Association of New Zealand following the departure of current CEO, Paul Brislen, the organisation says.
Mr Brislen is heading for a role in PR.
Mr Young comes to Tuanz from a six year stint at Chorus where he most recently lead the industry relations programme.
He joined Chorus at the date of operational separation in 2008 as the Head of Business Development, and before that was GM of wholesale commercial development at TelstraClear. Craig has worked in the New Zealand IT and telecommunications industry in one form or another since 1997.
Mr Young will take up the role from October 13th 2014, working from an office shared with InternetNZ in the Auckland CBD.
Tuanz Chairman Chris O'Connell, who is based in Wellington, will be fill-in spokesman between Mr Brislen's departure next week and Mr Young's arrival.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Queenstown mayoral candidate Jim Boult talks up his chances
- Nathan Smith on the unsurprising US Democrat support of the TPP
- Mercer's Garry Adams sees upside in expats' cost of living drop
- What Australia needs now is stability, no more hopping around, says CPA CEO Alex Malley
- The challenge for the conservative side of politics is to recapture the focus on national identity