Craig Young will take over the reins of the Telecommunication Users Association of New Zealand following the departure of current CEO, Paul Brislen, the organisation says.
Mr Brislen is heading for a role in PR.
Mr Young comes to Tuanz from a six year stint at Chorus where he most recently lead the industry relations programme.
He joined Chorus at the date of operational separation in 2008 as the Head of Business Development, and before that was GM of wholesale commercial development at TelstraClear. Craig has worked in the New Zealand IT and telecommunications industry in one form or another since 1997.
Mr Young will take up the role from October 13th 2014, working from an office shared with InternetNZ in the Auckland CBD.
Tuanz Chairman Chris O'Connell, who is based in Wellington, will be fill-in spokesman between Mr Brislen's departure next week and Mr Young's arrival.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring David Skilling, Bernard Hickey, more
- Matthew Hooton on Labour party’s reaction to the budget 2016
- Rodney Hide says the attack by University of Auckland over overfishing is nonsense
- Do social bonds make sense? Tim Hunter tells Andrew Patterson it’s not just about the warm fuzzies
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson