TVNZ has appointed Telecom’s head of voice, messaging and media, Jason Foden, to replace its departing general manager of digital, Tom Cotter.
Mr Cotter has since begun work on tech start-up BuzzDial.
Mr Foden will start at TVNZ on February 24.
TVNZ says Ondemand has had record stream growth in the last six months, with impressions up 90% on the previous year.
Mr Foden will lead business growth and performance of tvnz.co.nz and TVNZ Ondemand.
TVNZ head of digital media Thor Bayer says the platform is being completely redeveloped to offer a more personal experience, with features such as personalised playlists. He says new content intiatives will begin in March but will not comment further on specifics of the developments.
In May last year TVNZ told the National Business Review the video service makes up about 2-3% of TVNZ total ad revenue.
Using the service is generally seen as a top up for TV advertisers which might spend an extra 3-8% of their TV budgets on the online platform.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares gain as ANZ Bank rises after results; Tegel climbs on debut
- NZ dollar soars to 2-month high vs Aussie as RBA cuts key rate on weak inflation
- Tegel chairman praises private equity owner after solid NZX listing
- My Food Bag IPO 'not off the table'
- India-NZ air link agreement could spur nonstop flights
Most listened to
- MediaWorks' Bravo NZ deal a "case of 2+2 being more than simply Four" - Mark Weldon
- My Food Bag co-chief executive Cecilia Robinson discusses what its capital restructure might be made of
- Anthony Harper partner Jennifer Mills on the question: Uber drivers - contractors or employees?
- The government has backed itself into a corner into over how patent attorneys are regulated, says Rob Hosking
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson says the Australian Budget is a curtain-raiser for an election