TVNZ has appointed Telecom’s head of voice, messaging and media, Jason Foden, to replace its departing general manager of digital, Tom Cotter.
Mr Cotter has since begun work on tech start-up BuzzDial.
Mr Foden will start at TVNZ on February 24.
TVNZ says Ondemand has had record stream growth in the last six months, with impressions up 90% on the previous year.
Mr Foden will lead business growth and performance of tvnz.co.nz and TVNZ Ondemand.
TVNZ head of digital media Thor Bayer says the platform is being completely redeveloped to offer a more personal experience, with features such as personalised playlists. He says new content intiatives will begin in March but will not comment further on specifics of the developments.
In May last year TVNZ told the National Business Review the video service makes up about 2-3% of TVNZ total ad revenue.
Using the service is generally seen as a top up for TV advertisers which might spend an extra 3-8% of their TV budgets on the online platform.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Spark points finger at rain, Chorus for broadband problems
- New tax a case of guilty until proven innocent?
- Political Week: Two important messages from Brexit for New Zealand
- Can Andrew Little win next year’s election for Labour? A reluctant assessment
- Marlborough Wine's advisers brush aside OIO concerns
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- New bright line tax will cause stress and add extra costs says Auckland accountant Leicester Gouwland
- Rob Hosking discusses the two Brexit lessons for New Zealand - one reassuring, one warning
- Commerce Commission chief lawyer David Blacktop on competition law changes he'd like to see
- ASB's Nick Tuffley on the latest 'astounding' housing credit figures