TVNZ has appointed Telecom’s head of voice, messaging and media, Jason Foden, to replace its departing general manager of digital, Tom Cotter.
Mr Cotter has since begun work on tech start-up BuzzDial.
Mr Foden will start at TVNZ on February 24.
TVNZ says Ondemand has had record stream growth in the last six months, with impressions up 90% on the previous year.
Mr Foden will lead business growth and performance of tvnz.co.nz and TVNZ Ondemand.
TVNZ head of digital media Thor Bayer says the platform is being completely redeveloped to offer a more personal experience, with features such as personalised playlists. He says new content intiatives will begin in March but will not comment further on specifics of the developments.
In May last year TVNZ told the National Business Review the video service makes up about 2-3% of TVNZ total ad revenue.
Using the service is generally seen as a top up for TV advertisers which might spend an extra 3-8% of their TV budgets on the online platform.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Kim Dotcom appeal starts next week
- Soccer shocker: beIN won't launch standalone streaming service in NZ
- No foundation for fears programme closure will adversely impact exports – Callaghan
- Government to introduce online schools
- Air NZ’s CHRISTOPHER LUXON opens up on competition and declining earnings
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 26: Air New Zealand CEO Christopher Luxon
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in KiwiSaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert