TVNZ has appointed Telecom’s head of voice, messaging and media, Jason Foden, to replace its departing general manager of digital, Tom Cotter.
Mr Cotter has since begun work on tech start-up BuzzDial.
Mr Foden will start at TVNZ on February 24.
TVNZ says Ondemand has had record stream growth in the last six months, with impressions up 90% on the previous year.
Mr Foden will lead business growth and performance of tvnz.co.nz and TVNZ Ondemand.
TVNZ head of digital media Thor Bayer says the platform is being completely redeveloped to offer a more personal experience, with features such as personalised playlists. He says new content intiatives will begin in March but will not comment further on specifics of the developments.
In May last year TVNZ told the National Business Review the video service makes up about 2-3% of TVNZ total ad revenue.
Using the service is generally seen as a top up for TV advertisers which might spend an extra 3-8% of their TV budgets on the online platform.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Where polls stand on the eve of the first US presidential debate
- Milford fund manager faces 10 causes of action
- Sky will take a gamble and put Westworld, aka 'the next Game of Thrones' on Neon
- Warminger stood to gain significant bonus, court hears
- Spark says 130,000 Xtra mail address at risk after Yahoo hack
Most listened to
- FMA counsel Justin Smith QC described Mr Warminger’s background and the pressure he was under to perform
- Media Snapchat: NBR’s Nick Grant ponders the Human Rights Commission’s role in RHOAKL racism row
- ASB's Jane Turner discusses what's behind NZ's widest month trade deficit
- Kathmandu's Xavier Simonet and Reuben Casey talk through the retailer's results.
- BNZ's Kymberly Martin and Massey University's David Tripe on mortgage rates.