TVNZ has released the first promo clip for Seven Sharp (see clip below).
As promised, the new show has more energy, if the clip is anything to go by. But it is perhaps trying a little too hard.
The Close Up re-boot will launch Monday February 4.
It will be fronted by Alison Mau, Greg Boyed and comedian Jesse Mulligan and feature Media7/Media 3 alumna Sarah Daniell on its production team.
The release of the clip this afternoon was overshadowed by the surprise resignation of TVNZ head of news Ross Dagan, the man credited with axing Close Up and birthing Seven Sharp.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Where the polls stand on the eve of the first US presidential debate
- UPDATED: Australia's Bapcor mounts $322.5m takeover bid for Hellaby
- Commerce Commission reveals the most complained-about companies
- Editor's Insight: How the candidates fared in the first presidential debate
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares drop, Orion Health and Xero lead index lower while Air NZ bounces
Most listened to
- No knockout blows in first presidential debate, says NBR's Nevil Gibson
- Intueri's problems raise questions for the board, says Martin Watson of the Shareholders Association
- ANZ's Philip Borkin and NBR's Jason Walls on what's next for the kiwi dollar on Currency Talk
- AngelEquity's Bill Murphy on why his platform won't cater for retail investors
- Spark exec Jason Paris defends his company's honour after it tops ComCom's most-complained-about list
- FMA lawyer Justin Smith counters the Goldman Sachs defence