UFB fibre is now rolled passed 517,000 premises, with 39,510 customers (or 7.7%) choosing to connect, according to the latest MBIE update released by ICT Minister Amy Adams.
The update says the rollout is 7% ahead of schedule.
The 10-year rollout is happening faster in some areas than others.
In Northland, for example, NorthPower Fibre has finished its rollout. In Auckland, Chorus' is 26% of the way through.
RAW DATA: Read the quartely report (PDF)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- The kiwi dollar has spiked against the pound in one of the biggest one day currency moves in history. NBR’s Jason Walls breaks down the dollar’s movement
- What Brexit now means for NZ, with NZIER John Ballingall
- Dr Oliver Hartwich says everyone should stay calm and carry on
- Matthew Hooton on making a moral case for social capital