UFB fibre is now rolled passed 517,000 premises, with 39,510 customers (or 7.7%) choosing to connect, according to the latest MBIE update released by ICT Minister Amy Adams.
The update says the rollout is 7% ahead of schedule.
The 10-year rollout is happening faster in some areas than others.
In Northland, for example, NorthPower Fibre has finished its rollout. In Auckland, Chorus' is 26% of the way through.
RAW DATA: Read the quartely report (PDF)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Ireland supports Apple, challenges EU order to recoup €13b in 'illegal' tax benefits
- Genius move: Live-stream file-sharing chaos will play into Dotcom’s hands
- GDT picked for yet another sizable increase
- Mad Butcher owner flags going concern issue
- Carmel and Hugh Fisher buy palatial clifftop Takapuna home
Most listened to
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson looks at Phil Goff, who at a forum in Takapuna spoke of the need to reduce population
- Meridian CEO Mark Binns on the Tiwai smelter and generation options
- No chief of staff leaves one year before an election, says Matthew Hooton
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- NZForex's Alex Hill says the market will be paying more attention to data, than comments from officials