Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
UFB fibre is now rolled passed 517,000 premises, with 39,510 customers (or 7.7%) choosing to connect, according to the latest MBIE update released by ICT Minister Amy Adams.
The update says the rollout is 7% ahead of schedule.
The 10-year rollout is happening faster in some areas than others.
In Northland, for example, NorthPower Fibre has finished its rollout. In Auckland, Chorus' is 26% of the way through.
RAW DATA: Read the quartely report (PDF)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Reserve Bank to press ahead with plans to carve out property investment lending
- CPA Australia takes defamation case against rival accounting body NZICA
- Powerco's annual profit falls 20% as it pays more tax
- OPINION: Sir Bob Jones – Putting the Record Straight
- Changing consumer habits lead to retail exodus in Tauranga’s CBD