UFB fibre is now rolled passed 517,000 premises, with 39,510 customers (or 7.7%) choosing to connect, according to the latest MBIE update released by ICT Minister Amy Adams.
The update says the rollout is 7% ahead of schedule.
The 10-year rollout is happening faster in some areas than others.
In Northland, for example, NorthPower Fibre has finished its rollout. In Auckland, Chorus' is 26% of the way through.
RAW DATA: Read the quartely report (PDF)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Ad industry leader David Walden dies
- Australia will back down on deporting Kiwis — Key
- Council proposes gouging landowners with new taxes, Kiwi-owned training firm under fire in Australia, Hunter’s Corner: Paying for peanuts
- Deportation from Australia: Time to bring in reciprocal legislation, Fox says
- PM to TPP critics: 'We’ve never been sued'