UFB fibre is now rolled passed 517,000 premises, with 39,510 customers (or 7.7%) choosing to connect, according to the latest MBIE update released by ICT Minister Amy Adams.
The update says the rollout is 7% ahead of schedule.
The 10-year rollout is happening faster in some areas than others.
In Northland, for example, NorthPower Fibre has finished its rollout. In Auckland, Chorus' is 26% of the way through.
RAW DATA: Read the quartely report (PDF)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson says the Australian Budget is a curtain-raiser for an election
- Westpac's NZ CEO David McLean discusses the challenges his bank is facing amid rising costs and falling core earnings
- Is 2% the bottom for New Zealand's OCR? Join NBR's Jason Walls for Currency Talk
- Grant Thornton’s Pam Newlove on the sugar tax idea
- NBR’s Nevil Gibson discusses the 40th anniversary of Singapore Airlines in New Zealand