Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Literary hermit and American icon JD Salinger is dead.
The author of The Catcher in the Rye, died at his New Hampshire home on Wednesday (local time), aged 91.
The Catcher in the Rye was published in 1951 and became an immediate and controversial best seller making him one of the most famous authors on the planet.
He shunned the fame and spent the last 50 years of his life avoiding the notoriety his work brought him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- If John Key were a 'pretty little thing’
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares fall as investors fear more volatility; A2, Xero, Skycity decline
- How Revenue Minister McClay will tax foreign property investors
- BNZ grows worried about 'near-recession' as Key talks economy up
- Vector Arena sold to international promoters