Vector releases 'world-first' power outage app for iPhone, Android
Auckland lines company Vector has released what it bills as a world-first power outage app.
Available in iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Android versions, Vector Outage Manager features.
1. An interactive outage map
2. Bookmark function for important locations and push notifications
3. A handy flashlight (turns the smartphone into a flashlight)
4. Important customer phone numbers
5. Essential safety information for outages
6. Updates every three minutes
Vector says those of its 690,000 customers who lack an iPhone, iPad or Android device can view same features on the mobile version of its website, m.vector.co.nz.