Yesterday in Melbourne, as it hit 42 degrees, one resident tried to cook an egg.
He posted the result to YouTube (below).
Today, an egg may fry a little faster.
As the Australian heatwave continues, the city is forecast to hit 44 degrees.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Light rail the winner in latest Auckland Transport turnaround
- Auckland council puts debt issuing plans on ice over Brexit concerns
- Uber launches free Pandora personalised music for its Kiwi, Australian and US drivers
- Brexit aftermath: disdain, the elites, and the warning for conservative parties everywhere
- Companies Office rejects NZ First complaint over Silver Fern deal
Most listened to
- BNZ's Jason Wong says the movements in the currency market last week were some of the biggest in history
- CBL's Peter Harris on uncertain times in the UK insurance industry
- Govt performing an awkward political U-turn on foreign trusts. Rob Hosking with John Shewan and John Key
- Trade Minister Todd McClay says plans for an FTA with the EU will not be hindered by the Brexit
- Oxford University academic Malcolm McCulloch predicts the imminent death of the internal combustion engine