The $250,000, 13m Gollum, created by Weta Workshop, is installed inside Wellington Airport ahead of next month's premiere of The Hobbit in the capital.
Read also: New York Times pushes NZ 'Hobbit trail' NZ
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Sky shares tank on subscriber warning
- Clinton shows she has bite in social media scrap with Trump
- Zespri ordered to reconsider collaborative marketing proposals
- What's going on with NZ's private equity and venture capital scene?
- Has Uber snookered itself? Air NZ executives cash in, National’s double-edged sword
Most listened to
What's the story behind the story? Our special feature audio offers a mix of comment from journalists, experts and panel discussions.
- NZVCA executive director Colin McKinnon on the deals and divestments of 2015
- Lee Buchheit of US law firm Cleary Gottlieb explains why the crisis in the eurozone may not be over yet
- BNZ CEO Anthony Healy on his bank's falling margins, dairy woes and the mortgage market
- Toulouse School of Economics professor Thomas-Olivier Leautier says electricity retailing would be more profitable if retailers offered real-time pricing but few do
- David Seymour says the government is hypocritical to believe EVs are next big thing but also need help