The $250,000, 13m Gollum, created by Weta Workshop, is installed inside Wellington Airport ahead of next month's premiere of The Hobbit in the capital.
Read also: New York Times pushes NZ 'Hobbit trail' NZ
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
What's the story behind the story? Our special feature audio offers a mix of comment from journalists, experts and panel discussions.
- Queenstown mayoral candidate Jim Boult talks up his chances
- Nathan Smith on the US Democrats opposing agenda to the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Mercer's Garry Adams sees upside in expats' cost of living drop
- What Australia needs now is stability, no more hopping around, says CPA CEO Alex Malley
- The challenge for the conservative side of politics is to recapture the focus on national identity