Bruce Springsteen's current tour has featured surprise cover versions at each destination.
Playing at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium lasting night, he walked onstage and kicked off the show with a rendition of Lorde's "Royals."
His solo acoustic version made the song sound like it was originally cut during the Nebraska sessions, wrote Rolling Stone (for yes, the cover garnered Lorde a fresh avalanche of publicity in the US).
The Boss tweaked the lyrics slightly, singing "you can call me king bee" instead of "queen bee."
Springsteen plays his second and final NZ concert at the same venue tonight.
And a closer view:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NBR Rich List 2015: The Newcomers
- Dollar drops on weak business sentiment, as dairy auction, Fonterra meeting loom
- NBR Radio Weekend Rumble: TPP – boom or bust?
- Meridian, MightyRiverPower shares gain ahead of Monday's Tiwai Point smelter decision
- Carry on: Premium economy goes global, Emirates gets more in A380s