Bruce Springsteen's current tour has featured surprise cover versions at each destination.
Playing at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium lasting night, he walked onstage and kicked off the show with a rendition of Lorde's "Royals."
His solo acoustic version made the song sound like it was originally cut during the Nebraska sessions, wrote Rolling Stone (for yes, the cover garnered Lorde a fresh avalanche of publicity in the US).
The Boss tweaked the lyrics slightly, singing "you can call me king bee" instead of "queen bee."
Springsteen plays his second and final NZ concert at the same venue tonight.
And a closer view:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Time to call a smoko on smokers
- Equity crowdfunding progress sluggish for most licensed platforms
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise as speculation on interest rate cuts fuels global equities buying
- New lawyers not doing 'much better' than job at McDonald's – report surprises
- Land banking in Auckland is causing the housing crisis: LGNZ
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the state of the British Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn
- Rodney Hide on the Ombudsman’s investigation into SSC conduct of MFAT leaks inquiry
- David Cohen on how to walk out of a TV interview
- Imperial Tobacco lobbyist insists NZ visit about “contributing expertise,” not pressuring government on plain packaging law