Bruce Springsteen's current tour has featured surprise cover versions at each destination.
Playing at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium lasting night, he walked onstage and kicked off the show with a rendition of Lorde's "Royals."
His solo acoustic version made the song sound like it was originally cut during the Nebraska sessions, wrote Rolling Stone (for yes, the cover garnered Lorde a fresh avalanche of publicity in the US).
The Boss tweaked the lyrics slightly, singing "you can call me king bee" instead of "queen bee."
Springsteen plays his second and final NZ concert at the same venue tonight.
And a closer view:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- New Crimson capital values founder Jamie Beaton's stake at $73m
- Equity crowdfunding site folds in market shake-up
- Blow by blow: Clinton, Trump fail knockout in first presidential debate
- Goldman Sachs details trading with ‘Ming’
- SecureCom buys Atmospheric, the Microsoft NZ Partner of the Year gone bust
Most listened to
- Taryn Hamilton on why you need 1 gig UFB
- ASB economist Daniel Snowden: Businesses only see the kiwi dollar dropping by 4% in 12 months
- ‘If you want to go around telling people how they should think, don’t do it with taxpayer money’ – David Seymour on Susan Devoy
- Craigs' Grant Swanepoel on how he expects Z to reconfigure the Z and Caltex brands
- Cameron Officer details the latest motoring news