Bruce Springsteen's current tour has featured surprise cover versions at each destination.
Playing at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium lasting night, he walked onstage and kicked off the show with a rendition of Lorde's "Royals."
His solo acoustic version made the song sound like it was originally cut during the Nebraska sessions, wrote Rolling Stone (for yes, the cover garnered Lorde a fresh avalanche of publicity in the US).
The Boss tweaked the lyrics slightly, singing "you can call me king bee" instead of "queen bee."
Springsteen plays his second and final NZ concert at the same venue tonight.
And a closer view:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson reveals New Zealand has moved up one place world competitiveness
- Political Editor Rob Hosking on the Labour Greens Cuddle up
- G3 CEO Mark Brightwell on the mail company's expansion plans
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson says the economics and politics of Argentina in the 1950s make interesting parallels with today
- Partners Life founder Naomi Ballantyne tells NBR Radio what Blackstone's investment means for the company's IPO plan