Bruce Springsteen's current tour has featured surprise cover versions at each destination.
Playing at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium lasting night, he walked onstage and kicked off the show with a rendition of Lorde's "Royals."
His solo acoustic version made the song sound like it was originally cut during the Nebraska sessions, wrote Rolling Stone (for yes, the cover garnered Lorde a fresh avalanche of publicity in the US).
The Boss tweaked the lyrics slightly, singing "you can call me king bee" instead of "queen bee."
Springsteen plays his second and final NZ concert at the same venue tonight.
And a closer view:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Who are the winners and losers in Labour's re-shuffle? Rob Hosking explains
- Head-to-head: Federated Farmers director Katie Milne and SAFE executive director Hans kriek debate dairy industry's treatment of bobby calves
- Full Flavour managing director Jesse Archer says Ultra Fast Fibre gave him the "two fingered salute"
- Sally Lindsay and Chris Hutching talk about the latest in property news in Property Talk
- Keep Our Assets Murray Horton on Christchurch Council asset sales