Bruce Springsteen's current tour has featured surprise cover versions at each destination.
Playing at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium lasting night, he walked onstage and kicked off the show with a rendition of Lorde's "Royals."
His solo acoustic version made the song sound like it was originally cut during the Nebraska sessions, wrote Rolling Stone (for yes, the cover garnered Lorde a fresh avalanche of publicity in the US).
The Boss tweaked the lyrics slightly, singing "you can call me king bee" instead of "queen bee."
Springsteen plays his second and final NZ concert at the same venue tonight.
And a closer view:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Genius move: Live-stream file-sharing chaos will play into Dotcom’s hands
- Blue Bubble whistleblower denied information by court
- Ireland supports Apple, challenges EU order to recoup €13b in 'illegal' tax benefits
- Meridian eyes building new generation, expects Tiwai stays
- Editor’s Insight: Migrant scaremongering will damage economy in long run
Most listened to
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson looks at Phil Goff, who at a forum in Takapuna spoke of the need to reduce population
- Meridian CEO Mark Binns on the Tiwai smelter and generation options
- No chief of staff leaves one year before an election, says Matthew Hooton
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- NZForex's Alex Hill says the market will be paying more attention to data, than comments from officials