According to local media, Graeme Hart and his wife Robyn were in Ulsteinvik, Norway to witness the launch of their 107m superyacht at Kleven Verft shipyard this past weekend (see Kleven Verft's official clip below).
Until the pair showed up, nobody at the shipyard knew whose yacht they were building, a local newspaper says.
Designed by Marin Teknikk, the MT5006 Expedition Support Vessel will be named Ulysses upon delivery in 2015 and is designed for longer expeditions in rough waters worldwide.
Mr Hart used to own another ship named Ulysses, a 51-metre vessel that was moored at Auckland's Viaduct for years before being sold, renamed Grand Rusalina and relocated to Monaco.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking and John Shewan discuss the just released report
- Queenstown mayoral candidate Jim Boult talks up his chances
- Nathan Smith on the unsurprising US Democrat support of the TPP
- Mercer's Garry Adams sees upside in expats' cost of living drop
- What Australia needs now is stability, no more hopping around, says CPA CEO Alex Malley