According to local media, Graeme Hart and his wife Robyn were in Ulsteinvik, Norway to witness the launch of their 107m superyacht at Kleven Verft shipyard this past weekend (see Kleven Verft's official clip below).
Until the pair showed up, nobody at the shipyard knew whose yacht they were building, a local newspaper says.
Designed by Marin Teknikk, the MT5006 Expedition Support Vessel will be named Ulysses upon delivery in 2015 and is designed for longer expeditions in rough waters worldwide.
Mr Hart used to own another ship named Ulysses, a 51-metre vessel that was moored at Auckland's Viaduct for years before being sold, renamed Grand Rusalina and relocated to Monaco.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “The justice system never troubled itself in the most elementary way to get the facts to decide the case” - Rodney Hide
- Hunter's Corner: Is the ASX taking our best and brightest?
- Cameron Officer on the car of the week: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Coupe