Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
According to local media, Graeme Hart and his wife Robyn were in Ulsteinvik, Norway to witness the launch of their 107m superyacht at Kleven Verft shipyard this past weekend (see Kleven Verft's official clip below).
Until the pair showed up, nobody at the shipyard knew whose yacht they were building, a local newspaper says.
Designed by Marin Teknikk, the MT5006 Expedition Support Vessel will be named Ulysses upon delivery in 2015 and is designed for longer expeditions in rough waters worldwide.
Mr Hart used to own another ship named Ulysses, a 51-metre vessel that was moored at Auckland's Viaduct for years before being sold, renamed Grand Rusalina and relocated to Monaco.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Bob Jones ejected from Air NZ flight as fellow passengers applaud
- Sir Ralph Norris to step down from Fonterra board in November
- Financial forecast error plants doubt in potential investors' minds
- Dollar rises with Fonterra 2016 forecast due tomorrow
- McCully handed over $10m for Saudi farm to incentivise FTA