Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
An object that looked like a massive shooting star appeared over Mebourne for around 60 seconds just before 10pm local time last night.
The Australian Government's The Bureau of Meteorology said it the object had yet to be identified. It was possible it was a meteor or a piece of space junk.
The Melbourne Age quoted one social media commentor who dubbed it a "hipster meteor", an apparent reference to the space object's passage over some of the Australian city's trendier inner city areas.
One observer (see first video below) mistook it for a crashing plane.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Vista reassess whether to increase 2014 goodwill value
- Govt resisting pressure to inject more cash into Solid Energy
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- MasterCard, Visa pressure sees PayPal stop servicing payments for Mega
- Phillips Fox merges with DLA Piper to become local unit of Anglo-American law firm