TBWA\Whybin chief executive David Walden has confirmed persistent rumours he is leaving the agency amid rumours of a management shake-up.
NBR ONLINE understands former DDB group creative head Toby Talbot will be at the helm of the agency from April 1, although Mr Walden will stay on as a “consultant” until the end of the year.
April 1 will be the anniversary of when Mr Walden founded the agency some 16 years ago.
A formal announcement is expected early next week from the network’s Hong Kong office. Mr Walden told NBR that until then his hands were tied and declined to comment further.
Last year NBR reported the outspoken ad boss sold his share in TBWA\Whybin back to parent Omnicom.
Since then the veteran ad man told media he was on the hunt for a successor.
For full coverage, including who else is in and out, see the new look NBR Print this Friday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- How did Sealegs make a profit? David McKee Wright explains
- ‘Organisations that don’t put effort into employee engagement will be the companies of yesterday’ – Kronos' managing director Peter Harte
- In Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson says a New Zealander is helping to unlock the potential of Africa’s cities
- Abano CEO Richard Keys on the sped up timetable for selling the audiology stake
- Without cyber rules, business may struggle to fight back warns FireEye chief security strategist Richard Bejtlich