TBWA\Whybin chief executive David Walden has confirmed persistent rumours he is leaving the agency amid rumours of a management shake-up.
NBR ONLINE understands former DDB group creative head Toby Talbot will be at the helm of the agency from April 1, although Mr Walden will stay on as a “consultant” until the end of the year.
April 1 will be the anniversary of when Mr Walden founded the agency some 16 years ago.
A formal announcement is expected early next week from the network’s Hong Kong office. Mr Walden told NBR that until then his hands were tied and declined to comment further.
Last year NBR reported the outspoken ad boss sold his share in TBWA\Whybin back to parent Omnicom.
Since then the veteran ad man told media he was on the hunt for a successor.
For full coverage, including who else is in and out, see the new look NBR Print this Friday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Commerce Commission chief lawyer David Blacktop on competition law changes he'd like to see
- ASB's Nick Tuffley on the latest 'astounding' housing credit figures
- Developers of industrial property have upped the ante. Colliers International's Chris Dibble explains why
- Marlborough Wine Estates CEO Catherine Ma explains why the Chinese-owned company listed on the NXT
- NBR technology editor Chris Keall on hitting 4000 member subscribers