Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
TBWA\Whybin chief executive David Walden has confirmed persistent rumours he is leaving the agency amid rumours of a management shake-up.
NBR ONLINE understands former DDB group creative head Toby Talbot will be at the helm of the agency from April 1, although Mr Walden will stay on as a “consultant” until the end of the year.
April 1 will be the anniversary of when Mr Walden founded the agency some 16 years ago.
A formal announcement is expected early next week from the network’s Hong Kong office. Mr Walden told NBR that until then his hands were tied and declined to comment further.
Last year NBR reported the outspoken ad boss sold his share in TBWA\Whybin back to parent Omnicom.
Since then the veteran ad man told media he was on the hunt for a successor.
For full coverage, including who else is in and out, see the new look NBR Print this Friday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Treasury at odds with Reserve Bank over CGT
- HBO sends cut-off threat to NZ, Aussie HBO NOW users
- Peter Jackson, Kim Dotcom, Cliff Curtis feature in latest batch of leaked Sony emails
- Public doesn’t need to know when our soldiers will head to Iraq - NZDF Chief
- Maori left out of water debate for far too long – Te Ururoa Flavell