TBWA\Whybin chief executive David Walden has confirmed persistent rumours he is leaving the agency amid rumours of a management shake-up.
NBR ONLINE understands former DDB group creative head Toby Talbot will be at the helm of the agency from April 1, although Mr Walden will stay on as a “consultant” until the end of the year.
April 1 will be the anniversary of when Mr Walden founded the agency some 16 years ago.
A formal announcement is expected early next week from the network’s Hong Kong office. Mr Walden told NBR that until then his hands were tied and declined to comment further.
Last year NBR reported the outspoken ad boss sold his share in TBWA\Whybin back to parent Omnicom.
Since then the veteran ad man told media he was on the hunt for a successor.
For full coverage, including who else is in and out, see the new look NBR Print this Friday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- The Martian: Blows Gravity and Interstellar out of the water
- Helen Kelly says she's taken cannabis oil — and wants the govt to make it legal for cancer suffers
- TPP allows for a tax on foreign buyers — Groser
- Spark works through its support issue – in public
- Ad blocker promises to penetrate ads in apps