Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Warehouse Group [NZX: WHS] chief financial officer Stephen Small has died, aged 39.
NBR understands a heart attack is suspected.
The Auckland-based company said in a statement after the market closed yesterday that Small died suddenly.
He joined the country's biggest listed retailer in April 2012, coming from General Motors Korea where he was chief financial officer.
"Stephen was a hugely respected member of our executive team and it is a shock to us all at this time," chairman Ted van Arkel said.
"Stephen will be greatly missed by our team. We send our deepest sympathies to his wife Yoko and his family who are in the thoughts and prayers of the entire company."
Warehouse shares fell 0.3 percent to $3.37 yesterday, and have shed 9.9 percent this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Dreaming A New City: Optimistic for Christchurch long term, pessimistic for short term
- MARKET CLOSE: NZX 50 rises to a record, Genesis, PFI gain, Xero falls
- NZ POLITICS DAILY: MP pay – the 1% vs the 99%
- Northland: secret poll puts Peters in dead-heat with National
- TSB Bank writes off $53.9 mln Solid Energy debt; Fitch affirms A- rating