Warehouse Group [NZX: WHS], New Zealand's largest retailer, will take over five Auckland store leases and offer employment to staff when Australian discount electrical goods retailer The Good Guys exits the New Zealand market.
Auckland-based Warehouse will take over leases at Albany, Wairau Park, Manukau, Botany and Sylvia Park and utilise the spaces across a mix of its brands which include The Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery, Noel Lemming Group, Torpedo 7 and R&R Sports, Warehouse chief executive Mark Powell said in a statement.
Warehouse said it would offer employment to as many of the Good Guys workers as possible and allow customers to return faulty product through its Noel Leeming appliance stores.
The Australian appliance chain was founded in 1952 and has 97 stores in Australia, according to its website.
The shares rose 0.3 percent to $3.09 today, and have slid 18 percent this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Warminger wants FMA's 'catch-all pleading' refined
- LinkedIn too slow, too vague after hackers put logons up for sale – and you could still be at risk
- Privacy Commissioner says LinkedIn's communication over data breach 'poor'
- Submissions on controversial media merger welcomed by ComCom
- Investors propel Auckland's rampant housing market
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on Labour party’s reaction to the budget 2016
- Rodney Hide says the attack by University of Auckland over overfishing is nonsense
- Do social bonds make sense? Tim Hunter tells Andrew Patterson it’s not just about the warm fuzzies
- Cameron Officer talks about the car of the week - Volkswagen California Ocean