Today's eclipse will see the moon totally cover the sun in Cairns, Australia (see live web stream below) and obscure the sun in New Zealand this morning at the following times:
- North Cape: 10.21am, 91%
- Whangarei: 10.25am, 89%
- Auckland: 10.27am, 87%
- Tauranga: 10.30am, 86%
- Hamilton: 10.29, 85%
- Wellington: 10.34am, 76%
- Christchurch: 10.34am, 68%
Above and below: live feeds from Cains, where the eclipse is underway. The UStream feed is co-sponsored by the Astronomical Association of Queensland, NASA and several other partners.
Auckland's Stardome Observatory has frequently refreshed eclipse images here: www.slipstream.co.nz/eclipse.
Staring directly at the sun can cause eye damage. View the eclipse through solar glasses, or point your digital camera or camera phone at it, then watch your captured footage.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tony Gibson looks at the opportunities for Ports of Auckland’s new multi-million dollar freight hub
- Green party co-leader James Shaw and Business NZ manager of energy and environment John Carnegie discuss the ETS review - part 2
- Nevil Gibson breaks down the New Hampshire primary result's in his latest Editor's Insight
- Green party co-leader James Shaw and Business NZ's John Carnegie go head-to-head on the ETS review - part 1
- Cream Trading CEO Kevin O'Sullivan on why dairy companies might want to sign up to the new trading platform