Today's eclipse will see the moon totally cover the sun in Cairns, Australia (see live web stream below) and obscure the sun in New Zealand this morning at the following times:
- North Cape: 10.21am, 91%
- Whangarei: 10.25am, 89%
- Auckland: 10.27am, 87%
- Tauranga: 10.30am, 86%
- Hamilton: 10.29, 85%
- Wellington: 10.34am, 76%
- Christchurch: 10.34am, 68%
Above and below: live feeds from Cains, where the eclipse is underway. The UStream feed is co-sponsored by the Astronomical Association of Queensland, NASA and several other partners.
Auckland's Stardome Observatory has frequently refreshed eclipse images here: www.slipstream.co.nz/eclipse.
Staring directly at the sun can cause eye damage. View the eclipse through solar glasses, or point your digital camera or camera phone at it, then watch your captured footage.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Marlborough-based wine company lists on the NXT despite OIO hiccup
- New lawyers not doing 'much better' than job at McDonald's – report surprises
- Land banking in Auckland is causing the housing crisis: LGNZ
- Review to assess rise of social media and the cloud; look at giving GCSB more power within NZ
- Editor's Insight: Med-tech sees future in transforming healthcare
Most listened to
- Marlborough Wine Estates CEO Catherine Ma explains why the Chinese-owned company listed on the NXT
- National list MP Chris Bishop says Phil Twyford's accusation the government has made housing a 'race issue' is hypocritical
- Bond prices have fallen while oil prices have risen - Jason Walls explains why on Walls' Street
- NBR technology editor Chris Keall on hitting 4000 member subscribers
- In his Editor's Insight Nevil Gibson on the future of health information technology and medical devices industry