Today's eclipse will see the moon totally cover the sun in Cairns, Australia (see live web stream below) and obscure the sun in New Zealand this morning at the following times:
- North Cape: 10.21am, 91%
- Whangarei: 10.25am, 89%
- Auckland: 10.27am, 87%
- Tauranga: 10.30am, 86%
- Hamilton: 10.29, 85%
- Wellington: 10.34am, 76%
- Christchurch: 10.34am, 68%
Above and below: live feeds from Cains, where the eclipse is underway. The UStream feed is co-sponsored by the Astronomical Association of Queensland, NASA and several other partners.
Auckland's Stardome Observatory has frequently refreshed eclipse images here: www.slipstream.co.nz/eclipse.
Staring directly at the sun can cause eye damage. View the eclipse through solar glasses, or point your digital camera or camera phone at it, then watch your captured footage.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Ralston slams Weldon for leaving MediaWorks 'rudderless'
- CBL expects growth in Europe, Mexico and Scandinavia this year
- Could Uber NZ drivers strike, as threatened?
- Academics challenge ‘ideological’ research; NZ Initiative responds
- No 'end of error' at MediaWorks without new blood on board – senior sources
Most listened to
- Still hope for TPP insists trade expert Stephen Jacobi
- NZIER's Christina Leung says increased migration is putting pressure on wages
- NBR’s Jenny Ruth with daily coverage of the Ralec case
- Iraq nears collapse while China doubts its own statistics in Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- Mark Weldon couldn't hack the pressure, says Bill Ralston