Today's eclipse will see the moon totally cover the sun in Cairns, Australia (see live web stream below) and obscure the sun in New Zealand this morning at the following times:
- North Cape: 10.21am, 91%
- Whangarei: 10.25am, 89%
- Auckland: 10.27am, 87%
- Tauranga: 10.30am, 86%
- Hamilton: 10.29, 85%
- Wellington: 10.34am, 76%
- Christchurch: 10.34am, 68%
Above and below: live feeds from Cains, where the eclipse is underway. The UStream feed is co-sponsored by the Astronomical Association of Queensland, NASA and several other partners.
Auckland's Stardome Observatory has frequently refreshed eclipse images here: www.slipstream.co.nz/eclipse.
Staring directly at the sun can cause eye damage. View the eclipse through solar glasses, or point your digital camera or camera phone at it, then watch your captured footage.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Another National Party member's bill under fire
- Liquidator alarmed by asset forfeitures
- Vector seeks more freedom from regulatory shackles
- Crown alleges Ngatata Love set up $3m in secret payments to buy house for himself and partner
- NZ POLITICS DAILY: 15 recent stories about democracy and integrity in New Zealand
Most listened to
- ‘We’re failing to consider these people are entitled to due process’ – Damien Grant on state’s ‘pernicious’ assets seizures
- Vector CEO Simon Mackenzie on what’s wrong with the transmission price review
- Paul Goldsmith says it’s hard to argue against stronger rules for the insolvency industry
- ASB's Nathan Penny says milk prices will continue to lift, following today's 50c increase to Fonterra's milk price forecast
- Methven's David Banfield talks market share and profitability