Today's eclipse will see the moon totally cover the sun in Cairns, Australia (see live web stream below) and obscure the sun in New Zealand this morning at the following times:
- North Cape: 10.21am, 91%
- Whangarei: 10.25am, 89%
- Auckland: 10.27am, 87%
- Tauranga: 10.30am, 86%
- Hamilton: 10.29, 85%
- Wellington: 10.34am, 76%
- Christchurch: 10.34am, 68%
Above and below: live feeds from Cains, where the eclipse is underway. The UStream feed is co-sponsored by the Astronomical Association of Queensland, NASA and several other partners.
Auckland's Stardome Observatory has frequently refreshed eclipse images here: www.slipstream.co.nz/eclipse.
Staring directly at the sun can cause eye damage. View the eclipse through solar glasses, or point your digital camera or camera phone at it, then watch your captured footage.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Roy Morgan manager defends *that* poll
- Vodafone reports landline gains, more profitable mobile mix for NZ operation
- Stack to the future: new tech centre marks major NZ data tech play
- Businesses say they can't afford to replace outdated equipment
- Good news and bad news for Sky TV in Netflix' horror result
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the China-NZ trade dispute that wasn’t
- “The justice system never troubled itself in the most elementary way to get the facts to decide the case” - Rodney Hide
- Hunter's Corner: Is the ASX taking our best and brightest?
- Cameron Officer on the car of the week: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Coupe