Troubled financial services firm NZF Group says its half-stake in MPMH is worth $2.76 million, according to an independent valuation.
MPMH, NZF's joint venture with Australian company Liberty Financial, is the parent company of Mike Pero Mortgages and 50% owner of Mike Pero Real Estate.
In a statement to the NZX, NZF says its board is yet to review Simmons Corporate Finance's valuation and the proposed sale is subject to shareholder approval.
A notice of meeting will be lodged shortly.
As part of the sale, NZF is expected to be repaid a shareholder loan of $397,000.
NZF also faced High Court action to force it to sell its MPMH stake, as Liberty claimed a contractual default.
However, NZF agreed to sell in September.
NZF Group's assets were frozen in a separate legal battle with the receivers of its failed lending subsidiary, NZF Money, over the contentious 80% sale of NZF Group's home loans division to Australian company Resimac.
The court relaxed the freezing order in August.
NZF Money went into receivership in July 2011 owing $16.4 million. The receivers, KordaMentha, estimate the top return to debenture holders to be 27%.
NZF Group is being investigated by the Serious Fraud Office and Financial Markets Authority relating to transactions dating back to 2006.
NZF Group shares (NZX: NZF) last traded at 0.3 cents, valuing the firm at $330,000.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Stack to the future: new tech centre marks major NZ data tech play
- Businesses say they can't afford to replace outdated equipment
- Vodafone reports landline gains, more profitable mobile mix for NZ operation
- Xero is beating Sage’s mainstream product in Britain: Drury
- Good news and bad news for Sky TV in Netflix' horror result
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the China-NZ trade dispute that wasn’t
- “The justice system never troubled itself in the most elementary way to get the facts to decide the case” - Rodney Hide
- Hunter's Corner: Is the ASX taking our best and brightest?
- Cameron Officer on the car of the week: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Coupe