The White House has posted footage of President Barack Obama tweeting (see below) during his Monday Q&A on Twitter about the Fiscal Cliff - the first time a Commander and Chief has taken to a social network to push his case in a stand off with Congress, or indeed to push any case.
No doubt the footage is indeeded to emphasise that it was the President who tweeted during the session.
But his quote suggests it might have been the first time he was driving the account personally, as he seems intrigued when he sees his words actually display on Twitter.
"There we go. My tweet has been posted. That’s what I’m talking about," says the gum-chewing Prez
Will it gave more than former Labour leaer Phil Goff's hamfisted "#Goffchat" sessions on Twitter? Maybe. Certainly, it will help that Barack Obama has 25 million followers on the social network.
Read the full Fiscal Cliff tweet-chat here.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in Kiwisaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert
- Hunter’s Corner: Time for a line in the copyright sand